+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominations for Worst Song Ever

Paulie!

Aww, I kinda like "Butterfly Kisses"

hi. my name is sherri and i'm a fan of really bad music.

i like butterfly kisses and britney spears. yup. i do i do.

however, WORST song ever, imho, would have to be john fogerty's "center field." makes me want to spontaneously combust. i can hit the change dial on the radio before the second note is played!

I open this forum and GUESS WHAT SONG CAME ON? You got it, 1000 Miles. No wonder the guy took off. :rolleyes

Now, I love Cecilia, by Simon & Garfunkel, but what is with the lyrics? It's the anthem of the pathetic man.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    If you ever do fall on hard times Jenny you could always supplement your income by charging people for tours round your extensive collection of engagement rings.
    That was classic, Fluff!!!

Now, I love Cecilia, by Simon & Garfunkel, but what is with the lyrics? It's the anthem of the pathetic man.
    Yeah, no kidding Miss F. "I got up to wash my face and when I'd returned someone'd taken my place. Cecilia I'm down on my knees, begging you please to come home"?

"I'm begging you please to come home?" How about "Die you heartless tramp!"

As for worst song, anything by Barbara Streisand makes me physically ill. In fact, I have difficulty even uttering her name.

How about "Die you heartless tramp!"
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Bon vivant-it sounds cool Samurai Ranger's Avatar
    Going back a ways, "Ring my Bell" by Anita Ward always got on my nerves (and I think it's been redone more recently. Oh Joy.)
    Regarding Fogerty, I don't mind "Centerfield," but I can't stand "The Old Man Down the Road" ('You've got to hidey-hide...... You've got to hiiiidey-hiiiiidey-hide!") The man was INSPIRED that day, I tell you!

Don't like Centerfield. Enjoy Old Man Down the Road.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I guess that's why Baskin-Robins has 31 flavors: it's a matter of "To each their own"!

Just don't get us in the same room. We might have a matter/anti-matter collision and destroy the universe.

Paulie, you mean that, in order to save the universe, we'll have to be trapped in HERE, at each other's throats, throughout time? Now you're REALLY gonna get me on an oddball tangent! Here goes:

Kirk: Mr Spock, the universe is safe.
    Spock: For you and me. There is, however, no escape for them.
    Kirk: There is however, no escape...How would it be? To be trapped on the FORT discussion board, arguing music with a madman at your throat..for all eternity. How would it be?
    Spock: Captain, the universe is safe.
    Kirk: For you and me. But what of Samurai? What. of. Samuraiiii...

(I'm awfully sorry about that, folks. For those wondering what in HECK that was all about, you can send me a PM.)

Okay, back to the program...(hopefully you recognized it, Paulie )

+ Reply to Thread