+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for Worst Song Ever

FORT Newbie
    "Sometimes When We Touch" - Worst. Song. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Does anyone else have mixed feelings about a song they know they should hate just because you have great memories connected to the song? If so, what should we call this particular phenomenon? Reluctant musical nostalgia?
    It's not a memory about anything in my life, but at the end of the first episode of Freaks and Geeks (the best television show ever), all the students were dancing to "Come Sail Away" by Styx, a song I have loathed deeply for close to thirty years. Now whenever I hear it, it makes me flash on all that joyful geek dancing and makes me feel all happy inside. I guess I can just be grateful that they didn't play "We Built This City on Rock & Roll".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    [
    You Light up my Life by Debby Boone. Back in the 70's this was THE. WORST. SONG. EVER. Still is, but thank god you never hear it anymore. Back then it was played every 5 min.
    I don't know, Rosie...are you sure? Remember, the 70's also gave us things like "Disco Duck" and "Blinded By The Light"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Anything that Britney Spears ever "sang" but in particular "Oops, I did it again". *shudder*
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I've been listening to the local soft rock station- don't ask me why, I honestly don't know what's come over me- and one of their staples is "My Everything" by 98. The melody is boring, the lyrics are dumb, and there's a boy-band style "woo" inexplicably thrown in there near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's not a memory about anything in my life, but at the end of the first episode of Freaks and Geeks (the best television show ever), all the students were dancing to "Come Sail Away" by Styx, a song I have loathed deeply for close to thirty years. Now whenever I hear it, it makes me flash on all that joyful geek dancing and makes me feel all happy inside. I guess I can just be grateful that they didn't play "We Built This City on Rock & Roll".
    Ah, Freaks and Geeks! SUCH a good show. I can't believe it was cancelled after just one season. You're right, the scene you described does alter your perception of "Come Sail Away". Up until that point, I'd just think "Eric Cartman" whenever I heard that song.

I need to watch Freaks and Geeks again. Did you know it's available on DVD now?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Ah, Freaks and Geeks! SUCH a good show. I can't believe it was cancelled after just one season. You're right, the scene you described does alter your perception of "Come Sail Away". Up until that point, I'd just think "Eric Cartman" whenever I heard that song.

I need to watch Freaks and Geeks again. Did you know it's available on DVD now?
    Know it? I bought it the week it came out and made Mr. Rattus watch it with me one entire disc at a time for six consecutive Saturdays . He loved it as much as I do, which is amazing as he never watches tv. He said it played more like a movie, though, and I think that he's right about that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I don't know, Rosie...are you sure? Remember, the 70's also gave us things like "Disco Duck" and "Blinded By The Light"
    I happen to like Blinded by the Light, but well, Disco Duck. Hmm, I'd take that over you light up my life. Even typing the name of that song makes me want to hurl.

I forgot about We built this city on Rock and Roll. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wildfire is another one. "She ran calling Wildfire" Off to go vomit now.
    My Chevy Van
    Afternoon Delight
    Brandy
    and the Pina Colada song. UGH!

All equally bad
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Anything by Shakira but especially "Underneath Your Clothes".

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I happen to like Blinded by the Light, but well, Disco Duck. Hmm, I'd take that over you light up my life. Even typing the name of that song makes me want to hurl.

I forgot about We built this city on Rock and Roll. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wildfire is another one. "She ran calling Wildfire" Off to go vomit now.
    My Chevy Van
    Afternoon Delight
    Brandy
    and the Pina Colada song. UGH!

All equally bad
    Um, except for Afternoon Delight...I love every one of those songs! I love 70's music.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread