+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Theme Songs/Music!

Happy Days, let's not overlook the beginnings of Rock & Roll!

i love that 70s show theme song

Definitely 15/Love's. Its by this Canadian band called Not By Choice and the song is called Standing All Alone. Check it out.
    Rusty Nail Candy Cane

I really like the Scrubs song too.

and don't forget the House MD song
    Teardrop by Massive Attack. love that one!
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 12-03-2006 at 01:20 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The Partridge Family
    Cheers
    Green Acres
    Josie & The Pussycats
    Love American Style
    Hawaii 5 O
    One Day At A Time
    Taxi
    Barney Miller
    The Flintstones
    Gomer Pyle USMC
    American Idol

I Is Stephanie
    I like the Full House theme song, Friends, and How I Met Your Mother- Yeah, they all sound the same, but it's a good same.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I love the shows that started with a commentary and then went to an instrumental like
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Quantum Leap

--Theme from "Rockford Files".
    --Theme from "Dukes of Hazzard" (even if the show itself sucked).
    --Theme from "A-Team" (even if the show itself REALLY sucked).
    --Theme from "Barney Miller" (great bass line!)
    --Theme from "Sanford & Son" (funkiest theme EVER)
    --BOTH theme songs from "Simon & Simon"--and you probably have to be a real fan to even know there was more than one. One was instrumental only and the other had somewhat cheesy but appropriate "country music style" lyrics about being "not just brothers, but best friends". The instrumental one always appealed to me especially, clapping machine noises and all, even though I usually hate those Mike Post 80s synthesized themes. It just worked for some strange reason.

I suppose some classics like Peter Gunn, Perry Mason, and Dragnet have to fit in there somewhere too.

I'm not as fond of TV Themes which are simply borrowed pop songs. I might like or dislike the song, but I really only consider something WRITTEN for the show, or at least something instrumental adapted over, a "TV theme". I mean does anyone really care that the theme song for "Bosom Buddies" was Billy Joel's "My Life"? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2165452;
    American Idol
    Oh man. I know taste is an individual thing, but... YUCK! Me, I HATE that "ahhh ahhh" song. HATE IT. I feel like I'm hanging out in a German disco waiting for friends named Dieter and Helga while listening to that song.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-12-2006 at 03:10 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    I think my favorite two TV themes ever are Twin Peaks, and Thirtysomething. When I was in college, those two soundtracks were standbys for me for study music - having a beat, but no lyrics to sing along to, helped me to focus and study.

Krom, for the most part I agree with you about using pop songs for a TV show. But there are some instances where the song just fits the song so well - Friends being a great example - and I like it then. I also adore the BoDeans, so I love the Party of Five theme as a standalone song. But I liked the early days of Party of Five better where they had a different pop song for the open every week. By changing the song each week, they were able to set the tone for the individual episode.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak;1427766;
    I'm digging the Postal Service right now so I like the opening to Gray's Anatomy (Song: Such Great Heights).
    I don't think anyone corrected this post from a year and a half ago - but the theme song for Grey's Anatomy is 'Cosy in the Rocket' by psapp. Though I'm bummed they rarely use any more than a note or two of it, if any, these days, as I do enjoy the full song.

I'm not a big fan of the trend which has so many shows now not using any theme music. It worked okay for me with LOST, but that's about the only show I thought that style fit. I mean, sheesh, I think half the reason I tuned in to the X-Files each week was so I could whistle along with the theme music.

And I'm with those that think it's cool that House, MD uses 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack as the theme music.

+ Reply to Thread