+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help--Who sings this song?

Help--Who sings this song?

I went a few pages back and couldn't find a similar thread for this kind of thing. If one exists, moderators, feel free to merge...

This is the thread where the resident FORT music wizards can help us figure out who sings that song you have in your head, so that you can go to Walmart.com and download it for $0.88.

Here's my query--there is a song out right now, sort of punk alternative. I thought it was Switchfoot or Thrice or Story of the Year, but I can find it with these artists. The chorus goes something like "We were meant for so much more, but we lost ourselves," and they play it all the time on Fuse. Ring a bell for anyone?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Hey Spegs! I did a search for those lyrics, and it is indeed Switchfoot. The song is called "Meant to Live."

ETA: Just do a Google search using part of the lyrics you're searching, and add "lyrics" to your query.

Example: "We were meant for so much more" + lyrics
    Last edited by Mantenna; 01-08-2004 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks Mantenna--I can always count on you. Silverstar actually beat you to it, she pm'd me. What a lot of brilliant people we have here. Thanks for the search tip.

Turns out my problem was that Walmart.com doesn't have this CD available, which is why I couldn't find it there. They also don't carry All American Rejects or Eisley . It's like the world is forcing us to pirate music, isn't it? I'll resist as long as I can....
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I need a little song help too...I am looking for a band that was on Kimmel a while back. They are two guys in a band. Ben Stiller is in there music video that they filmed in Hawaii I think and they surf and that in it. If anyone knows what song this is please let me know, it has been buggin me for almost a month. Thanks

Two guys in a band...on Kimmel...hmm. Was it Tenacious D, perhaps?

You beat me by seconds Daddio. I was just going to post that it was Tenacious D, with the ever funny Jack Black.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I don't want to start a debate or anything, but I'm not sure it's Tenacious D.
    The video is by the band called "Jack Johnson" and the song you're talking about Clipse is "Taylor." Ben Stiller is definitely in that video
    Last edited by Silverstar; 01-08-2004 at 08:21 PM.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I agree with Silverstar (Great job, Silverstar) I saw the video before, Ben Stiller was something like the fake director in the video. I'm sure Silverstar is right on this one.

I think you are right Silverstar. Jack Johson does all the Surfing videos. And he Ben Stiller does appear in "Taylor"

ETA Here is a like to the video
    http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/universal/jack_johnson/video/taylor.asx
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Thanks for starting this thread, spegs! Here are a few of the lyrics "I can't remember the last time you looked me in the eye" and "It's been a long long time..." I suspect it's called "It's been a long long time" but haven't had any luck finding who sings it. It sounds like the Bee Gees. I've heard it several times on the "piped in" music at work so I can't hear the words too clearly. Thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast