+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shania Twain

Shania Twain

My husband and I are getting 2nd row floor tickets for Shania Twain's concer in may, I can't wait. It's going to be the 3rd time we are seeing her. The 1st time, we were 2nd row, she picked us up on stage during one of the songs, a repeat of that would be great!!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Have fun! I love her music

Congratulations.

My mother tried to get tickets to her upcoming show here and was on the phone the minute they were available. No luck though, they were sold out in 11 minutes.

I like her music, but wrote her off as a bit of an airhead. I really was impressed when she hosted the Junos. She seems like genuine person.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Wow... It must have feel damn good to be picked up by a star. But what did she do to ya all ?

Good for you on the tickets.

My daughter is turning into a huge Shania fan, so we have been listening to her more and more lately. I do like many of her songs.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Wow... It must have feel damn good to be picked up by a star. But what did she do to ya all ?
    She gave my husband the mic and he was singing the song "When" and she tooked my hand and we danced all around the stage and then she went in the middle of us and we were all singing, it was awesome. Thank God she didn't give me the mic to sing cuz I had forgotten half the words at that point~lol

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    She gave my husband the mic and he was singing the song "When" and she tooked my hand and we danced all around the stage and then she went in the middle of us and we were all singing, it was awesome. Thank God she didn't give me the mic to sing cuz I had forgotten half the words at that point~lol
    That must have been the best time you ever had...

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    That must have been the best time you ever had...

It was, I wish Tim McGraw and Faith Hill would do that, it would be a dream!!

FORT Fogey
    I like Shania and think she is very talented. Not to mention that she is a hottie with a bod that wont quit!

I was at her concert here in Chicago last summer. It is the concert that they showed on NBC and its also where the filmed the video for her newest hit - which is climbing the charts on CMT. And best of all it was a FREE concert. Good for you Shania! Most artists wouldnt dream of performing a free concert these days.

The only bad thing I would say is that many of the supposedly "spontanious" moments at her concerts - like pulling fans up on stage to sing and the moment where that guy proposed to his girlfriend on-stage during a song - all seem very staged, scripted and contrived. I'd prefer it if she just sang her songs and did a normal straight forward concert without all of the mellow-drama.

Daddio, I have to say when she picked my husband and I up on stage, many people asked us afterwards if it was planned cuz it lookled like it was, but it truly wasn't. I think it's good that she does that cuz those fans that do get picked up on stage have that memory forever and it's really nice.

That Chicago concert was amazing, it's great that you got to be there.

+ Reply to Thread