+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Y100 JingleBall

Y100 JingleBall (Maroon5,Mraz,Chasez,SimplePla n,Enrique,Branch,Aiken,SeanPau l,Chingy)

Hey everyone! I went to an awesome concert on Sunday in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, the Y100 Jingle Ball. There were nine performers: Maroon 5, Jason Mraz, JC Chasez, Simple Plan, Enrique Iglesias, Michelle Branch, Clay Aiken, Sean Paul, and Chingy. I took two rolls of pictures, but none of them turned out!

I bummed pictures from the radio station’s website though. Here’s a rundown of the concert, if you’re interested! It ran for six hours, so this post is kinda long!

Okay, so Maroon 5 opened up. I like their song “Harder to Breathe” a lot, and was looking forward to hearing it, but I don’t have their CD and don’t know any of their other music. Well, they ROCK!!! They did four songs, and they were all great! Oh man, it was the best part of the concert! I think they’re still new enough to just let it all hang out and do whatever the heck they want, and it made for a great show!

So after Maroon 5 was Jason Mraz. I really liked “The Remedy” but the radio stations down here have played it to death. He played three songs, one of which was “The Remedy” and one was a song of his album I didn’t know. Then he sang “The Christmas Song” and man, that boy can SING! I couldn’t believe his voice. He went up a few notches on my respect list!

Next was JC Chasez (from N’Sync). This was without a doubt the most disappointing part of the evening. I sincerely doubt he was really singing because his songs sound just like they do on the radio. And they’re all about sex, and just to me too blatantly so. I don’t mind songs about sex, but when it’s songs about sex just to be songs about sex . . . Anyway, here’s some pics:

So, then Simple Plan took the stage. They were good, and very entertaining. They were very good at getting the audience to participate. I’m not as huge of a fan of their music, but I enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

Next was Enrique Iglesias. I’m on and off with Enrique. I’ve always liked “Escape” but I really don’t like his new song. I’m pretty sure he lip synced to his new song, but actually sang on the rest. Being I live in Miami, he got a HUGE reception from the crowd! He seemed to be a little drunk, but oh well! Before he sang “Hero” he pulled a girl up on the stage to sing to her, and it was really sweet because she was plus-sized and you could tell she’s probably not used to that kind of attention. It was funny because he asked if she was married, and she was, but he kissed her at the end of the song! Full on the lips, to boot! Oh well, I figure that’s one of those hypotheticals you cover when you first start dating “well, if Enrique Iglesias ever pulls me up on stage at a concert and kisses me, that’s a freebie, right?”

After Enrique, Michelle Branch came onto the stage. I was looking forward to her the most! She was incredible. It was funny, for some reason when she came on stage, you could hear Clay Aiken warming up backstage and it cracked her up. She did about five songs, and she rocks!

Then, Clay Aiken came out on stage, and oh….my….god….the women went CRAZY! I’ve never seen middle aged women so insane for a person in my life! They were screaming and waving, and dancing…wow, that boy’s got power over these women! He was really good, I’ve always said he has an incredible voice even if I didn’t think he’d be a pop star. He’s the only one all night to give me chills.

Next was Sean Paul. I like his music, but he’s not so good live. He had dancers, and it was a good show, but he seemed a bit off

Last (almost six hours after the concert started) was Chingy. I’m not a huge fan, but he was okay. I was so tired by this point it could have been John Lennon and I doubt I’d have noticed

Whew! Congrats if you made it all the way through this! Just thought you all might like to see the pictures, even if I didn’t take them!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

That's way cool. Sounds like you had fun, Chiro!

I wouldn't mind seeing Clay Aiken in concert, but it sounds like there's too much hysteria going on to actually enjoy his singing.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Thanks for the update, Chiro ! Wish I was there !

It sounds like it was an awesome concert, Chiro.

Thanks for the detailed recap and for including the pics.

JingleBall, eh? There was one for Z100 here at Madison Square Garden last Thursday.

Who all was there, haejinn?

Mantenna--Clay was REALLY good. I watched AI, but I'm not a huge Clay fan (I don't even have his CD) but he is extremely talented.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Who all was there, haejinn?

Mantenna--Clay was REALLY good. I watched AI, but I'm not a huge Clay fan (I don't even have his CD) but he is extremely talented.
    Pretty much everyone who was at the Y100 one, except for Clay and JC. There were also some more artists at the Z100 one.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I will agree with you on Sean Paul, chiro, even though I liked him.

+ Reply to Thread