+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pink floyd rocks!!!!

FORT Newbie

pink floyd rocks!!!!

Any Pink Floyd Fans? Just letting all pink floyd fans know that there is a live at pompeii dvd out. I just bought my copy yesterday and i highly recommend it. I'm trying to convince my friend to buy it but I can't describe it to her. All i could say is that she definetely won't be dissapointed. Has anyone bought their copy or heard things about this dvd? Did you like it ? Please keep me posted on the good and bad side of this dvd.

I love Pink Floyd...I haven't bought the DVD yet--I actually wasn't aware that it was out. I'll probably go get it or at least put it on my Christmas list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Is this a post-Roger Waters concert? I'm guessing it's a typical Floyd "visual feast" with the light show, etc.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Uh Oh! You all must be youngins! Floyd doesn't rock. Floyd is mellllowww. I am a HUGE Floyd fan, probably the only band I've never seen but wish I had. So what is on the DVD? Is it new, old, mixture....?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i've had a VHS copy of Live at Pompei for years now- it's a classic concert- 1971 i believe... the songs are really old school floyd- even before wish you were here, and dark side of the moon... most of the songs are from around the saucerful of secrets- meddle era...
    i personally prefer Floyd from wish you were here thru animals... pre 1971- is some really psychedelic music- an acquired taste!
    Edited to add- this dvd appears to be a remake of the original vhs with a new directors cut segment

Ah...so, "Piper at the Gates of Dawn"-type stuff? Interesting.

"Wish You Were Here" is my favorite album by them. I believe I'm the only person in the free world who isn't totally enthralled with "The Wall." Don't get me wrong, it's got some great songs, but I don't think it's their best. Plus, the puppets from the live shows are frightening.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Never heard of them.

I was going to ask what closet you live in, but I looked at your profile and saw you where born in 1991. Give them a listen you just might like what you here. (just tune in to your local classic rock station. You're bound to here something within an hour or so)
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I love Floyd.. awesome nighttime driving music to boot

I love Pink Floyd. My favorite albums are
    1. Wish You Were Here
    2. Final Cut
    3. Meddle
    4. Animals
    5. The Wall
    6. Dark Side of the Wall
    7. Ummagumma

I don't like anything post Roger Waters.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    hahaha.. if you really loved them, you'd know it was Dark Side of the MOON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast