+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ONE concert that stands out...

The ONE concert that stands out...

I know that most of us have been to several concerts that are outstanding... really awesome concerts.

But... which ONE concert (and I mean ONE) stands out in your memory as the absolute best one you've ever been to? The one you still remember & think back to when ya hear the group/artist on the radio & see them on tv....and think "oh man, that was the best concert ever!"

Recently out here in Southern California, they had "Arrowfest", a huge rock concert field day featuring Eddie Money, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Yes and Journey. It was simply spectacular and the ones that really rocked my world were Journey. I think back to it every day and I can't believe how amazing they were on stage, it was by far the best live performance I have ever seen in my life.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

The Eagles North American Tour 2002 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I went along with my parents, expecting, you know...an OK concert.... It turned out to be a FANTASTIC concert!!! The band was amazing, the stage presence and musicianship was incredible, and the songs were a thousand times better when heard live. Joe Walsh is someone you have to see live to truly appreciate.

They rocked hard, too! As the night went on and they played their heavier numbers, they really started cranking it up. I was majorly impressed.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    I know that most of us have been to several concerts that are outstanding... really awesome concerts.

But... which ONE concert (and I mean ONE) stands out in your memory as the absolute best one you've ever been to? The one you still remember & think back to when ya hear the group/artist on the radio & see them on tv....and think "oh man, that was the best concert ever!"

Recently out here in Southern California, they had "Arrowfest", a huge rock concert field day featuring Eddie Money, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Yes and Journey. It was simply spectacular and the ones that really rocked my world were Journey. I think back to it every day and I can't believe how amazing they were on stage, it was by far the best live performance I have ever seen in my life.

Aww Wyn. I remeber seeing Journey, Cheap Trip, Eddie Money and some others I can't remember back in '83 at "A Day On The Green" at Candlestick Park , San Francisco (it's named something different now). Yep --just call me Gramma Rocker here

I haven't seen a "ton" of concerns, but I think my favorite was probably The Rolling Stones back in 1981 (again in San Francisco).
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    The Eagles North American Tour 2002 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I went along with my parents, expecting, you know...an OK concert.... It turned out to be a FANTASTIC concert!!! The band was amazing, the stage presence and musicianship was incredible, and the songs were a thousand times better when heard live. Joe Walsh is someone you have to see live to truly appreciate.
    god I feel old. Mantenna, I saw the eagles back in 76. probly when your parents were just starting to date. It was the "Hotel Califonia tour"

but the best one I still remember and wish I could go see again is Pink Floyd, saw them in orlando in 88, in the rain and it was the greatest, bestest, most stupindust, neato torpedo concert!!!! really, really good

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    but the best one I still remember and wish I could go see again is Pink Floyd, saw them in orlando in 88, in the rain and it was the greatest, bestest, most stupindust, neato torpedo concert!!!! really, really good
    that Floyd concert in Orlando (88) is the only time i ever got to see them play- Momentary Lapse of Reason if i remember correctly... absolutely amazing light show... fantsatic show!
    however it fails to compare to:

Phish's New Years Eve 2000 concert on the Big Cypress Indian Reservation in the Everglades. 3 days of camping and shows culminating with Phish bringing in the new milennium with a 7.5 hour set. 150,000 people on an Indian Reservation- GOOD TIMES!!!

I've been to a lot of concerts I thought were VERY good. This is tough, to just pick one.

I'll have to say (don't laugh): Poison/Lita Ford/Kingdom Come.

I've seen Poison perform several times, but this particular concert was special. As evidenced by my appearance in the video for "Every Rose Has Its Thorn".

I've seen a lot of great concerts.

Clapton was probably the best music i've ever heard at a concert. This was right around the time of "Tears in Heaven" and his Unplugged CD so he did some just incredible accoustic stuff. One of the greatest guitarists of all time.

But the Best would have to be Jimmy Buffet. He doesn't have the best voice i've ever heard, and he doesn't have the best musical talent, but he puts on one of the greatest shows you'll ever see
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Hmmm...band everyone's heard of, Oasis, January 1998 - Rosemont Horizon (or whatever they call it now), Chicago. We were right in front, Noel played Slide Away solo, etc. The only problem was the rush of high schoolers when they started, but we took care of that.

Band people may not have heard of, Gomez, 1999 - The Double Door, Chicago. Great set, great sound, great band. I saw them a few months later at Metro in Chicago and that was good too. Gomez are British but have a definite blues influence. They sang on some of those Phillips ads a few years ago, one of their members has a very distinctive deep voice.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    The Stones. Sure wish I'd seen Floyd, tho. They just didn't come to Utah that often. Well, okay, never.

There are quite a few but if I have to pick one, I'd say Shania Twain when she came to Montreal in 1998. She picked my husband and I up on stage to sing and dance the song "When" with her and that was really awesome! To be singing and holding hands dancing around the satge with Shania is quite memorable!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast