+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears: Airhead or Just Misunderstood?

Britney Spears: Airhead or Just Misunderstood?

Did anyone see the interview on Primetime last night? If you did, I'd say the answer is clearly airhead. (I'm quite ashamed that I watched it at all, but I couldn't stop myself)

I wanted to give her a chance. There were a few times that I felt bad for her. She's certainly not the first woman to use her body and she won't be the last. She also admitted that she didn't have a great voice, so I give her some credit for realizing that.

Otherwise, she's so, like, stupid. She was starting to cry at one point and kept saying, "Ewww.... ewwww... ewww". It was very odd.

If you didn't catch it, you certainly didn't miss much. Diane Sawyer asked her a few questions and she seemed to either not understand them or just lie her way through it.

Anyone else see it?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I did want to see it but ended up going to bed after the hockey game. looks like I didn't miss much. I have to admit I like Britney, but she is an airhead.

Yeah--it was really interesting . . .

It brought into focus how young she truly is. Yeah, I might only be 23, but I wasn't whisked away before even finishing the tenth grade to be pampered, so I think she never really grew up.

I did feel sorry for her though, with her "ewww's" and "gross's" because she obviously just hasn't learned how to deal with emotion. And she's so concerned with feeling cool and seeming cool to her fans (fragment; consider revising ). I found it refreshing (is that wrong?) when she did cry; it made her more human.

I thought her "dodges" were poorly executed :rolleyes

Say what you will, but she is a 21 year old self-made multi multi millionaire!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

I saw it. I hate that I watched it, but I did. I just don't get it. She baffles me. She may well be the dumbest person on the planet. And you're right - the part where she was trying to prevent herself from crying was just strange. I know that none of us look *good* in that situation, but the constant "eww" was very bizarre.

And beyond that, "eww" was her answer to almost everything. "My famous bottom? Eww." "My famous abs? Eww." Huh?

Also, this was just a very minor thing that passed without Diane commenting on it, but what about when she said her brother keeps her in check by telling her that she's getting fat? Yeah. Fat. If the girl's scale has ever seen 125, I'll eat my keyboard. Excellent message to send the kids, darling. Oh, but you're not responsible for them. True, she isn't, but my God.

All in all, it was a huge trainwreck. I literally sat there the entire hour wondering why I was watching, but at the same time, I couldn't change channels.

I started watching it when it came on my West Coast channels (which was about one in the morning here). My husband and I could neither one look away for about 10 minutes. Finally, I grabbed the remote and forced myself to turn it off so we could go to bed. I missed the crying part, thank god.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Say what you will, but she is a 21 year old self-made multi multi millionaire!
    That girl did not make herself. She works hard, but I doubt that she would be where she is today if there was not a Britney Spears Machine working to make it so. She is not the brightest bulb. She makes poor excuses for her bizaar behavior. She either overacts in her interviews or blows off the questions with babble. This is not a girl who could make this big of a splash on her own. She really needs to grow up quite a bit. Admittedly she is riding the fame wave as far as it will take her. A girl with a nice body that can dance and pretend to sing with a bunch of people riding the money train.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I do feel sorry for her because I don't think she is very intelligent and requires people to make her decisions for her. I got the impression that her mother had this plan for Britney to get famous and kind of ran with it. I will say one thing, it worked.
    Amanda - I also noticed what she said about her brother calling her fat, or whatever, and I found that appalling. If that's what she considers 'looking out for her' than I feel even more sorry for her.

She seemed terrified of saying the wrong thing and it annoyed me. Especially when she said that she liked the Colin Farrell just does what he wants and doesn't worry about it.

My boyfriend watched it with me and pointed out several times things she did to indicate lying. I guess she can't really come out and say, "Yeah, I cheated on Justin" or "Yeah, I had a fling with Fred Durst" but she can't even come up with a response to any of it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    That girl did not make herself. She works hard, but I doubt that she would be where she is today if there was not a Britney Spears Machine working to make it so. She is not the brightest bulb. She makes poor excuses for her bizaar behavior. She either overacts in her interviews or blows off the questions with babble. This is not a girl who could make this big of a splash on her own. She really needs to grow up quite a bit. Admittedly she is riding the fame wave as far as it will take her. A girl with a nice body that can dance and pretend to sing with a bunch of people riding the money train.
    Exactly. As far as having a career like Madonna, I just don't see it happen. Madonna was almost always in control and the one doing the manipulating. Madonna is an intelligent woman and wanted this life.

Britney seems to just do whatever anyone tells her to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Exactly. As far as having a career like Madonna, I just don't see it happen. Madonna was almost always in control and the one doing the manipulating. Madonna is an intelligent woman and wanted this life.

Britney seems to just do whatever anyone tells her to do.
    You know what, to me, exemplifies this the most? The fact that within weeks of being buddy-buddy with Madonna, she's wearing the Kaballah red string bracelet. Strong-willed people don't automatically adopt religious beliefs in a matter of days. Moron. If she's legitimately interested, fine. But to be into it that fast? Come on now.

Did anyone hear anything about her talking about getting high by just hanging out with potheads? I missed that, but MTV MBs seem to be discussing that.

I got annoyed about her still having the little girl crush on a married guy (Brad Pitt), and being embarassed about it.

Also the part when she said her bro keeps tabs on her weight gain. That sounded a little Angelina Jolie n bro.....

Cry me a river, Britney!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast