+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears: Airhead or Just Misunderstood?

pyssdogg, I agree with you...she doesn't have talent...her dancings isn't so bad, but the singing...oh boy. Also, I hate the fact that she lip-syncs and lies about it. She might as well just admit it...it's so painfully obvious whenever she performs.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I used to like Britney Spears.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I know how you feel Leo, I'm shameful to tell this, but I do have all her three previous albums... And I don't know why...

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Missunderstood and an Airhead.

I don't hate Britney because I don't really know Britney. But I hate some of the things she does and some of her music.

Also, Britney's voice isn't horrible. I mean, it's not Mariah or Xtina or Whitney, but its not like she has no talent what so ever. I saw her sing live on Saturday Night Live and it didn't blow me away, but she carried a steady note the whole way through, it was good.

And yes you can say that Britney isn't any different then the rest of those people dancing behind her. Well obviously she is. She has a mother that pushed her to be who she is. Most of her life has been spent in the middle of the public. From the Micky Mouse Club to "...Baby One More Time". She has been working since she was little, a lot of hard work that people some how forget. So I definately say the thing that makes Britney different is her hard-work, luck, and the people that stand behind her. I don't think Britney is Self-made, but she did a lot of the work.

And of coarse she's an airhead. Anyone that watches her speak can tell that. She's had no real education passed high school.

oooh, lemme in here!

i like britney spears. is she a product of brilliant marketing? yes.

does she have the greatest voice ever? no.

and i'm ok with both of those things. she is an entertainer, and i think she's good at entertaining. i love her videos. i love watching her dance. and for the most part, i'm digging the hell out of her latest cd. which yes, i own. i don't have her earlier cds b/c they were geared more towards a younger audience. i did like "slave" (the song and the video. omg, the video was hot. i loved it.) and admittedly, her very first hit i like - the one with the catholic school girl. and there are a couple of others.

i don't think britney is misunderstood or an airhead. i think she's a kid. a 21 year old kid that has always been spoonfed what to say and how to act. i don't think she's brilliant, but i do think she's smart enough to surround herself with people that can sell her image and continue her career. and that's as smart as she has to be.

re: the drug use and smoking and drinking and screwing around - my take on it is that she knows those questions are going to be asked, and she doesn't really want to answer them outright. b/c she still cares what her mom thinks and her dad thinks and what her preacher thinks. my guess is that she's like any other young person, trying to avoid admitting that she's done something wrong. hell, i know when i was doing all of that and my mom was asking, i was dodging the answers as well.

anyway, there's my defense of britney... sorry, but i like her. and i have to say, that whoever is marketing her this go round is doing a BRILLIANT job. brilliant. all the media coverage and interviews prior to her release was more than any other performer could even hope for. and she's benefitting from it. and i think madonna can see a bit of herself in brit - an ok singer and a good dancer and a great entertainer. however, madonna was forced to grow up quickly and had street smarts. brit grew up with her mom and dad taking care of her. now that she's of age, brit doesn't exactly seem to know what to do. having madonna on her side is going to help her tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by sher

is she a product of brilliant marketing? yes.

does she have the greatest voice ever? no.

and i'm ok with both of those things. . . .

i don't think britney is misunderstood or an airhead. i think she's a kid. a 21 year old kid that has always been spoonfed what to say and how to act. i don't think she's brilliant, but i do think she's smart enough to surround herself with people that can sell her image and continue her career. and that's as smart as she has to be.

. . .

having madonna on her side is going to help her tremendously.
    , sher!

I have all of her CDs (except the newest one). Did I fall victim to the marketing? Yes. Do I still like to dance to her music? You bet!

And all this with Madonna is brilliant marketing!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

chiro, the new one is GOOD. toxic and boom boom are both just great songs to listen to. in fact, there are many songs on this cd that i just really dig. they make you want to dance, which is the schtick brit was going for...and they work. one of the songs (i haven't had it long enough to have the names down) sounds like a janet jackson song. it's great.

i think with time, britney is going to get over the talking/giggling and breathy little girl voice and start singing with the more mature voice that she clearly has as evidenced by a couple of the songs on the cd. though she's great looking, it's still so obvious to me that she's not comfortable in her skin and she's still trying to figure out who she is and who she wants to be.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    it's still so obvious to me that she's not comfortable in her skin and she's still trying to figure out who she is and who she wants to be.
    Re: her skin comfort - I guess that is why she puts her skin on display so much? To relieve her discomfort in it? LOL

Re: who she is and what she wants to be - That is decided by her handlers and explained to her on "need to know" basis. If she were ever to ask that is.

You were dead on, Sher! I LOVE Toxic. I played it about five times back to back!

Boom Boom is good, too, but I never would have envisioned her with the Ying-Yang twins
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    IdolFreak, I respect your opinion. I personally don't know her, but I don't have any respect for her... for many of the same reasons many other posters have stated.

I noticed in your signature you have a quote from AI's Carmen:

Do you think Britney is guilty of that?
    Oh I definitely think Britney sales her body. Look at America though. Looks are such a major factor in America and everywhere else. RARELY can you be a female singer/actress and not sell your body and make it into super stardom such as Britney has. I just don't feel that I can't give her respect based on her clothing choice. I also respect your opinion and I can see were you are coming from and I respect that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast