+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears: Airhead or Just Misunderstood?

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm

Say what you will, but she is a 21 year old self-made multi multi millionaire!
    I don't mean to sound overly cynical, but "selected, packaged and (heavily) marketed" multi-millionaire is more like it.

Okay, okay, I officially retract my self-made millionaire bit!

All I meant was that yes, she has great handlers, yes, she's packaged, yes, she's quite often a laughing stock, but if her goal was to be filthy rich by age 21, she's achieved that without a doubt. And yes, most of it is opportunity, but she does have an incredible body which she works very hard to maintain, and she does have amazing dancing talent. Can she sing? No. Does it appear to matter? Apparently not!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

The interview with Diane Sawyer was a public relations disaster as far as I am concerned.

My one word for the entire interview is DENIAL!

With the exception of her opinion of her voice, about that she is correct, she really doesn't have much vocal talent. She is a manufacturered "celebrity." Unfortunately, this celebrity is supposed to be based on the fact that she is a singer, and her skill level there is mediocre. Based on her "acting" she's not much good there, either. She's just a "look." Her dancing is above average, but there are plenty of choreographers out there better than she is. She's a very pretty package, but that's about it.

Madonna is a smart businesswoman, first and foremost. Maybe she will be able to teach Britney a thing or two about "the business," but I don't think that Britney has the intellectual capability (regardless of formal education) to become a business woman.

Of course, the whole music business has now become more about the "image" than talent and that is shameful. I'm hoping this turns around and we start to demand that singers actually have talent before we purchase their CDs, but it looks like I may be in the minority of this issue.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Okay, okay, I officially retract my self-made millionaire bit!

All I meant was that yes, she has great handlers, yes, she's packaged, yes, she's quite often a laughing stock, but if her goal was to be filthy rich by age 21, she's achieved that without a doubt. And yes, most of it is opportunity, but she does have an incredible body which she works very hard to maintain, and she does have amazing dancing talent. Can she sing? No. Does it appear to matter? Apparently not!
    Sorry, Chiro. My intention wasn't to gang up on you.

As a friend of mine in the music biz is prone to say, there are those performers who got where they are based on talent, and then there are those who basically won the lottery. And Britney would be in the latter group. Because attractive people are a dime a dozen. And so are people who can dance. So those with her alleged qualifications for stardom can't be worth more than, say, 25 cents a dozen.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    As a friend of mine in the music biz is prone to say, there are those performers who got where they are based on talent, and then there are those who basically won the
    I will give you a great example of self-made. KISS. KISS has never had a true "manager" and have never had a lawyer to negotiate recording or performing contracts. Gene Simmons has always been in charge of all that himself from day one until now. Including controlling every aspect of how the band is marketed. This has allowed Gene and Paul Stanley to become gazillionaires because they dont have to share with anyone. The other members of the band (including Ace and Peter Criss whenever they are part of the band as they are always in and out) are just paid employees who receive a contracted wage but none of the other profits or fringes. Gene (and to a lesser degree Paul) have total unilateral control over all that is KISS. That is very, very RARE in the entertainment industry today.

Other "acts" like Brit basically are marionettes dancing to whatever strings are pulled by their handlers to put the most money in other peoples pockets. Sure they become rich too but they have very little (if any) control over the paths their careers take.

With regards to Brit - heck when she is on stage with her 622 dancers that she has one every song, she is obviously not the best dancer, she is not the best looking female (not by a long shot) and I would bet that several of them can even sing her under the table. So "hitting the lottery" sure is an EXCELLENT way of explaining her success Warhol.

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    I personally feel she is misunderstood. When I don't personally know people I don't feel I have the right to call them airheads etc. Just me though..

IdolFreak, I respect your opinion. I personally don't know her, but I don't have any respect for her... for many of the same reasons many other posters have stated.

I noticed in your signature you have a quote from AI's Carmen:
    "I can prove you don't have to sell your body to sell your songs." ~Carmen Rasmusen
    Do you think Britney is guilty of that?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Answer to thread question: Airhead. Enough. Said.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Hmm... I have no idea. I guess she was okay at first but she just seems to "degenerate," for lack of a better word. Who knows? I mean, I guess I would never know until I actually knew her personally but oh well... Airhead!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    I say airhead. Total airhead. With no talent what-so-ever. It's quite repulsive, actually.
    Finally, a voice of reason!!!

Britney is a manufactured no talented beeyoch

she can't sing a lick or dance...anybody with a good chroreographer and some time can learn to move like a robot and complete a dance routine

if Diane Sawyer wasn't such a wussy, she woulda asked "do you think your a good singer?" instead of that "do you like your voice" nonsense...at least Britney subliminally acknowleged that Christina can sing 1000 times better than her

sooner or later all these horny men and people that buy into anything that the media tells them is hot, will take the blinders off

I can already see that the media is grooming Hillary Duff to be the next 'pop icon'

I wouldn't be suprised to hear about Britney a few years from now being in rehab telling her story about how bad her life was and her battle with depression, yada yada

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast