+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears: Airhead or Just Misunderstood?

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Okay, I'll take this one.

I don't think the problem is in showing her body. Hell, if I had her body, I'd skank it up now and then too. In fact, I do that even despite not having a body like hers. I think the issue is that she puts on this clueless facade. "I'm being provocative? No way! It's all innocent." Right. Furthermore, let's even pretend for a minute that she *is* that out of touch with reality. She's being exploited beyond belief, and someone who actually cares for her might want to step in and let her know the deal. If she wants to be taken seriously as an adult woman, then she might want to consider taking responsibility for the (perfectly acceptable) choices she's made as far as her image is concerned. Anything else makes her look foolish, as she showed quite explicitly last night.

Madonna was trampy and sexy and proud of it. Britney acts like photographers 'tricked' her into taking most of her clothes off and that she has no idea she's being provocative.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    You know what, to me, exemplifies this the most? The fact that within weeks of being buddy-buddy with Madonna, she's wearing the Kaballah red string bracelet. Strong-willed people don't automatically adopt religious beliefs in a matter of days. Moron. If she's legitimately interested, fine. But to be into it that fast? Come on now.
    Quite interesting since she derived her name from her religion--Presbyterians. Go ahead...unscramble it!

I felt really embarrassed watching her cry and almost turned the channel. And I know everybody is ugly when they cry, but she really seemed extra ugly. Maybe because we're used to seeing her so beautiful??

I still don't think we know the real Britney at all.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Britney did a song referencing masturbation? Which one was this? :
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

I believe the name is "touch of my hand" or something similar. She's not big on subtlety.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Drug talk: I thought she really sounded odd when she was answering all the questions about whether or not she's done drugs. So...she would never do drugs, but she "partied"? Britney, what do you mean by that? She looked sooo uncomfortable answering these questions.

I'm impressed that she admitted her voice wasn't the greatest, though.
    Hey Brit, I got news for ya babe; alcohol and cigarettes are both drugs. And Brit has a rep for being a heavy smoker and drinker when she is out "partying".

Re: her self-effacing comment about her voice - lets not forget that everyone from Judy Garland to Elvis to Freddie Mercury made a similar comment at some point during their career. And they all had magical, angelic voices. Elvis in particular was very, very hard on himself with regards to being humble, he never thought that he was anything special.

But with Brit, I just saw it as a publicity sound-bite no doubt spoon fed to her by her handlers..."Say you realize you dont have a great voice, everyone will eat it up thinking how humble you are". Its like when these thung 'ganstas' win an award for a song where they grunted and groaned and mumbled ebonics about brutalizing and objectifying women, commiting a crime or some other beautiful role model type of behavior and in their acceptance speech they say that all the credit is due to either their momma (no not their baby momma) or to the love of their lord and creator Jesus Christ. (huh?)

Re: masturbation - lets not forget Brit doesnt write any songs (she may get some writing credit on her records but lets be honest) so the songs chosen for her by her handlers are ones that they think best suit and best profigate her skank-ho-slut image.

The best song about female masturbation was "She-Bop" by Cindi Lauper and that is because it was funny, campy and toungue in cheek. Any masturbation song by Brit or Xtina would just be a cheezy, vouyeristic play-by-play of the actual event because that is the depth of their imaging. Yuck!
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-17-2003 at 03:31 PM.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I wholeheartly agree..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by kidrockshorty
    Oops, let's not forget the part about the meaning behind the song about masterbation...

i guess Britney spanks her monkey just like all of us do!
    kidrockshorty That was funny!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I was curious to know if anyone else felt this way about the Britney interview and stumbled across this thread. I can really get on a and about this girl! I felt very uncomfortable watching this interview because I felt like I was rubbernecking at a trainwreck. She made a complete fool of herself. I loved when Diane played dumb about a lot of what Britney would say and then she'd squirm and try to dig herself out of it. EWWWWW

A couple of things I learned from this show that reinforces my disgust for her 1) she does sing "with help" 2) she dropped out of school in the 9th grade and she is a multi-millionaire (ok I'm jealous but disgusted that she is a role model for young teens this way!) 3) she is really junior high'ish is her expressions.

Oh, and if she ever decides to run for political office, I guess she already set herself up for the "I didn't inhale" alibi.

Ok, Britney is an airhead in the sense she's not smart. She knows very little about the business she's in, and I think will eventually be her downfall. However, she knows what she has in her body and is smart enough to use it to make money. But, since her body won't last forever, she needs to learn the business so that she can still make her money after her performing days are over. Make no mistake about it though, she's in it for the money. There's no misunderstanding that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast