+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears: Airhead or Just Misunderstood?

Oops, let's not forget the part about the meaning behind the song about masterbation...

i guess Britney spanks her monkey just like all of us do!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    And beyond that, "eww" was her answer to almost everything. "My famous bottom? Eww." "My famous abs? Eww." Huh?

Also, this was just a very minor thing that passed without Diane commenting on it, but what about when she said her brother keeps her in check by telling her that she's getting fat? Yeah. Fat. If the girl's scale has ever seen 125, I'll eat my keyboard. Excellent message to send the kids, darling. Oh, but you're not responsible for them. True, she isn't, but my God.
    I am ashamed to say that I watched the entire hour, but I must have been slightly distracted doing dishes because I completely missed this portion! What???? Her brother let's her know she's getting fat? Geez...not good.

Drug talk: I thought she really sounded odd when she was answering all the questions about whether or not she's done drugs. So...she would never do drugs, but she "partied"? Britney, what do you mean by that? She looked sooo uncomfortable answering these questions.

I'm impressed that she admitted her voice wasn't the greatest, though.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Judging by the cheating on Justin Timberlake case, I will say she is an airhead. She knows what she hears, Shazzer... that her voice is not good. Ha !

Say what you will, but she is a 21 year old self-made multi multi millionaire!
    I wouldn't necessarily say Self Made... She was manufactured...

One of my friends recently referred to her as "Milli Vanilli with boobs"

That term covers my sentiments exactly...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Yeah, the masturbation thing. It's almost like her handlers wanted to bring it up and generate controversy. Why she'd bring it up on her own and put herself in an awkward position, I'll never know. Someone like Christina Aguleira can pull of talking about that, but she cannot.

The drug thing was odd. She got high from people doing pot around her? If you're going to deny it, which was obviously her intention, flat out deny it. Don't talk around the topic. Geez. She's such a liar.

My favourite moment was when Diana Sawyer pulled out some quote about moving back to Louisiana if things don't go right. She was obviously taken aback at the thought she wouldn't be successful forever.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    "I'm still a virgin" --- I always have hated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Otherwise, she's so, like, stupid. She was starting to cry at one point and kept saying, "Ewww.... ewwww... ewww". It was very odd.

Ewww.... ewwwww.... ewwww I can't belive I watched this! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kidrockshorty
    Did anyone hear anything about her talking about getting high by just hanging out with potheads? I missed that, but MTV MBs seem to be discussing that.

I got annoyed about her still having the little girl crush on a married guy (Brad Pitt), and being embarassed about it.

Also the part when she said her bro keeps tabs on her weight gain. That sounded a little Angelina Jolie n bro.....

Cry me a river, Britney!
    She is 21, so what if she has a crush on Brad Pitt, you know how many people are in love with Brad Pitt, that is why it is called a crush, half the women in the industry show off their body, hell women who are not in the industry show off there bodies, i never understood why they singled her out, but America is stuck on this Apple pie image, it is sickening, they try to keep the blonde girls as wholesome as possible, and I think that is the downfall to many women today, you can not please everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by kesha74
    She is 21, so what if she has a crush on Brad Pitt, you know how many people are in love with Brad Pitt, that is why it is called a crush, half the women in the industry show off their body, hell women who are not in the industry show off there bodies, i never understood why they singled her out, but America is stuck on this Apple pie image, it is sickening, they try to keep the blonde girls as wholesome as possible, and I think that is the downfall to many women today, you can not please everybody.
    Okay, I'll take this one.

I don't think the problem is in showing her body. Hell, if I had her body, I'd skank it up now and then too. In fact, I do that even despite not having a body like hers. I think the issue is that she puts on this clueless facade. "I'm being provocative? No way! It's all innocent." Right. Furthermore, let's even pretend for a minute that she *is* that out of touch with reality. She's being exploited beyond belief, and someone who actually cares for her might want to step in and let her know the deal. If she wants to be taken seriously as an adult woman, then she might want to consider taking responsibility for the (perfectly acceptable) choices she's made as far as her image is concerned. Anything else makes her look foolish, as she showed quite explicitly last night.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I say airhead. Total airhead. With no talent what-so-ever. It's quite repulsive, actually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast