+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phish Phans at the FoRT

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar

Phish Phans at the FoRT

as Phish's New Years Eve show is only 49 days away... i was curious if any of the Forties are also Phish Phans- and if by chance anybody would be making the trek to Miami for the 2 day event?

I like Phish...but I don't think I can quite call myself a "phan." My favorite songs are "Stash" and "Billy Breathes." I've heard they do some mighty cool stuff at their concerts, such as the beach ball jam, so I might try to go to one someday.

I really like Phish, but I think I'm too casual a fan to get real *phan* status.

Trey Anastasio is on several of the tracks on Dave Matthews' solo cd, and they're quite good together.

Mandatory drug tests for anyone that posts in this thread.

Just kidding, of course. Come out of hiding, y'all!

I have a confession to make...

Phish was popular with a small group of kids in my high school but to this day (6 years later) I have still never heard one of their songs. At least not knowingly. I don't think I've ever seen their pictures anywhere, either. Are they the new Grateful Dead or something? I've never heard GD music, either.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    I like Phish...but I don't think I can quite call myself a "phan." My favorite songs are "Stash" and "Billy Breathes." I've heard they do some mighty cool stuff at their concerts, such as the beach ball jam, so I might try to go to one someday.
    Phish definatley encourages crowd participation- you never know what you're going to get- and they never play a song the same way twice (New Years Eve 2000, they had a version of "You Enjoy Myself" that went on for about 50 minutes)... they also have themed Halloween concerts where during the second set they will cover a famous album- they've done (well) the beattles white album, and floyd's dark side of the moon. Phish also encourages the taping of their shows and you can download their latest show at their website 2 hours after the show for pretty cheap (like $5).

as far as Phish being the new GD... well Phish has been around touring since the late 80's (my first show in '91)- so they aren't a new anything... and you'll probably never hear a song of theirs on the radio except if you get a free wheeling low profile station...

talent wise- i'd put Trey Anastacio up against anybody in the biz...

I used to be a Phish Phan...but now I am just a fan.

I saw something like 5 shows at Red Rocks out here in CO. Great shows.

I wont be making any treks to see them, though. Have fun, anyone who is going.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread