+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music Lovers/Board Game Lovers HELP!!

Music Lovers/Board Game Lovers HELP!!

Hey Everyone,

I need a little assistance. Whenever we play a board/trivia/party game with friends, my girlfriend talks about a similar type game that has to do with music. I think its the type of game where you LISTEN to a CD and have to name the artist, or the name of the song, or something like that. But you get clues maybe?? I am not sure, but I was thinking about buying it for her for Christmas, and I dont want to ruin the surprise to her by asking the name of the game.

Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about???

Thanks in advance!!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Oooo...sorry Mrdobolina...never heard of it, but it sounds cool!!

The only music related game I have played is Encore, where you have to sing songs based on words that are pulled up on these little cards!

Good luck!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    I have never heard of it either but its probably something that you could come-up with yourself. You would just need to burn a few CD's with random groups, songs, genres of music etc. and keep a master list. Or sumpin like that.

Hmm...I'm not quite sure which game you're talking about; I haven't heard of a game with CDs before. Here are a few music trivia games that might fit the description:

For the Record
    Humm...ble
    Music Mania
    Rockit to Number 1

I have confidence you can stealthily get the name of it from her, though!

Thanks, everyone!

Mantenna--I have seen "For the Record" and I think that might be it. Not sure, though, as I am pretty sure I recall her saying about the game that "you listen to short snippets of songs and then try to identify them or the artist"

Yeah, I'm going to try and get the name of the game out of her, though.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Good Luck Mr.D. That is so sweet that your thinking this far in advance for something she'd like. She's a lucky girl
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I have a music trivia game called "Play it by Ear" which was put out by a company called Ryko, at least 10 years ago. It contains a CD as well as question cards. But there must be more recent ones on the store shelves, I would think.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread