+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worst Songs Ever

Worst Songs Ever

Here at work, I'm stuck listening to this hits of yesterday & today station. There are a LOT of bad songs from yesterday & today.

Example? Kiss You When It's Dangerous. Remember that song? It's horrible.

Your Body is A Wonderland & 1000 Miles are also songs I guarantee that I will hate 10 years from now.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Oh I think I will hate Avril Lavigne ....

I was on hold with the cable company a few weeks ago, and they were playing Escape Club's "Wild Wild West". I can't even put into words how full of rage I became while listening. Each member of that band should have all future rights to create music revoked.

But, but...how do you really feel, Amanda?

I always remember breaking a glass at my friend's house because I was dancing to that stupid song. At the time, I liked it.

Right now they are playing Romantic Traffic. Please shoot me now.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugh , I hate "Your Body is a WOnderland" and "Sk8er Boi" How awful are those songs? I also cant stand that Wayne Wonder persons song. It rubs me the wrong way.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fogey
    As genres, I find hard-core rap, hip hop and manufactured pop to be just horrible.

re: Hard Core Rap - I dont like that it glorifies violence, preaches breaking the law, drug use, objectifies women, furthers stereotypes etc.

re: Hip-Hop (saccarine R&B) - I dont like all of the repetiveness. Who is that new girl? Her song does nothing but basically repeat the line "Aw baby - ooh baby - Aw baby". My daughter has her CD and nearly every song is like that - repeating one theme over and over and over while manufactured digitalized drums, keyboards and bass plays a non-stop loop in the background.

Also with rap and hip-hop, why do all artists feel the need to fill their CD's with appearances by other artists? Is it all about cross marketing? You need help and guest appearance to produce this swill? Name the last time you saw a rap or hip-hop video that didnt have "featuring" so and so in the title. When the artists win awards, 25 people come up on stage.

re: Manufactured Pop - wether it be Brittney, Jessica or Boy Bands, doents matter. Its all about selling the sexuality first and the music second. And the music is pretty bad too.

I dont see how any of these types of music will stand the test of time. Does anyone think that in 15-20 years you will pop in a CD from some guy talking about his "babies momma" and "plugging a cap" in someone's ass and think to yourself "Ah, what a wonderful song".

Daddio I agree with you wholeheartly. I do enjoy rap but "gansta"rap is obnoxious. I miss the old days with Grandmaster Flash, Whodini, Tribe called Quest, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Rakim, Digital Underground, LL Cool J, Doug E. Fresh. I think Missy Elliot tries to emulate those rappers and goes back to the days when rap was just fun or had a message.

I hate "soft" R&B as well. Ashanti sucks (a poor mans Beyonce) Alot of R&B isnt any good any more. Too Bad cause its can be great stuff.

I usually dont mind collaborations...I enjoy when Mariah Carey has rappers featured on her songs. I like the little Hip-hop edge it can add. But Sometimes it can be toooo much.

manufactured Pop...is all about a quick buck. simple as that.
    I think some times it can screw an artist over. For example. you get signed to a record deal. Your excited. Your label has an image for you. You go along. after all you dont want to rock the boat. You make millions....The teens love ya. then comes time to make a 2nd album you want to be taken seriously. The label wants its sexy money sugary pop machine....by the time you get around to the 2nd or 3rd album the audience dosent care anymore. you try to convince people you are a serious artist but no one cares...there is a new pop sensation on the rise.....
    Justin and Christina were lucky they were aloud to make an album that express who they are and were able to jump off the POP train.

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

For the most part I agree with you, Daddio. Only thing I'd say is that a lot of 80's music - which I still LOVE - is bubblegum pop stuff. And there are a handful of hardcore rap songs from the late 80's (mostly NWA) that I think are awesome and revolutionary. That's just my opinion, though.

Focusing: "She Drives Me Crazy" will probably literally drive me crazy if I ever hear it again. I hate that song with all my heart and soul.

NWA and Public Enemy are awesome...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast