+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Worst Songs Ever

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmarie
    Cher was still alive even when she was older than Madonna is now...just being great at what you do isn't good enough anymore, I guess?

Anyway, my vote for the all time worst: Desperado........even when it's being done by my favorite artists.
    The difference being Cher (with the exception of the horrible techno schlok of "Believe") never forgot who her core group of fans was and targeted a more mature audience. Her song stylings aged as her fans did. Madonna seems stuck in the "I'm shooting for the Mall Crowd" demographic.

Re: Desparado - I heard Joe Walsh do a solo version of the song. Just him and a piano (I didnt even know prior to that that he could play the piano - I always just considered him an awsome guitarist with a so-so voice). It was superb! I was never a fan of Desparado either prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    Ugggh... god, dont get me started on Hillary Duff. Seriously, listening to her CD... The insanity never stops. It's like the Cornucopia from hell.
    I know a girl who LOVES Hillary Duff. I honestly don't know what has gotten into her mind.

I just heard the new Barenaked Ladies song. Its was about monkeys in it? Anyway, BLEAH!!!! I rather listen to One Week on repeat rotation

Gothig flamingo
    I hate anything by Alan Jackson, sorry, I don't know why

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    anything by 50 cent, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Hilary Duff.. and most stuff by Avril.. makes me want to go into convulsions.. the only Avril song I like is that one slow one she has.. "It's a damn cold night..." I forget what it's called

I believe that Avril song is callled "I'm With You." But seriously, I hate that song. "Losing Grip" is ok to me though.

Yeah, and I hate 50 Cent, Simple Plan, Hillary Duff, and Good Charlotte as well.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    If I never ever EVER hear anything by Jessica Simpson, I will be happy eternally. I hate her music. Not a normal hate, but a hate that festers in the heart, a hate spawned from the depths of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    If I never ever EVER hear anything by Jessica Simpson, I will be happy eternally. I hate her music. Not a normal hate, but a hate that festers in the heart, a hate spawned from the depths of hell.
    Did you see that MAD-TV spoof of Newlyweds last night? That was DAMN funny.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothig flamingo
    I hate anything by Alan Jackson, sorry, I don't know why
    I hate performers who wear "uniforms" and you see that so often in country music. By "uniforms" I mean that they wear the same type of outfit all the time as their signature garb. Strange that it happens so much in country music where the performers are supposed to be so "everyman". Some examples

* Alan Jackson - torn blue-jeans that are way too tight. Jed clampet sport coat that hangs on him like a blanket. Long hair poking out of the back of his cowboy hat. Good for covering his otherwise bald head.

* Kenny Chesney - t-shirt with the sleeves cut off to say "Hey look at my buff arms". Cowboy hat slung way down over his eyes to make him look a little younger. Hat is also good for covering his bald head.

* Tim McGraw - frilly sleaved shirts that he never buttons at the wrist for some reason so that they flap around and cover a good portion of his hands. Very feminine. Shirts often have femine tailoring and flowery prints. All shirts appear to be women's blouses. Often unbutonned down to his navel. Same old worn out looking cowboy hat, good for covering his bald head. Also to top of his cowboy hat appears to have been folded to look like a "camel toe" - another feminine attribute. Strange stage dancing is also quite feminine.

Garth Brooks - the starchy tri-tone shits (glad that is over with) and cowboy hat - good for covering his bald head.

George Strait - Wears a giant Gibson accoustic guitar but never seems to ever play it. It just sort of hangs there like a tumor.

Sorry for the detour. Now back to your regularly scheduled "Worst Songs Ever" thread.
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-03-2003 at 01:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread