+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worst Songs Ever

Re: Worst Songs Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess our own personal experiences determine how much we like or dislike a song. I read this list of the Worst Songs and found I actually like quite a few of them. lol

List of music considered the worst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I love the song We Built This City by Starship. I know it is generally a hated song, but I was about 10 years old when it came out and I loved it and that has stuck with me. I even owned the album on cassette tale! In fact, I'm going to go listen to it now!

Yeah, like upthread someone listed Sugar, Sugar as a bad one, but I was little when that song came out and I loved The Archies cartoon and that song. We sang it at school and even had a dance performance on stage in a skit at school. We had the best time practicing and performing a sequence of dance routines to that song. Even when I hear it now, it puts a smile on my face!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I kind of like "Believe it or not", but mostly because of the George Castanza telephone message version.

"My Ding-a- ling". Seriously. Stupid.
    "Age of Aquarius". I turn this one off everytime it comes on, fortunately, that's not often.
    I kind of don't like "Stairway to Heaven." I know it's a classic, but I got stuck dancing with a boy I just didn't like way back at grade 8 graduation. It was the last song too. Longest 8 minutes of my life.
    "Sugar Sugar" Sticks in your head awful too.
    "All I wanna do" by Cheryl Crow.
    "Gloria"
    "Open Arms" Cheesiest crap ever written or sung... est.
    Except for the Cheryl Crow song, these all would be on my list.
    "I Want to Know What Love Is."
    "What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondes. The video made me cringe
    Anything by Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion or Michael Bolton. Somebody called their style "oversouling." Aguilera is the worst.
    "Timothy," that song about cannibalism
    "People Who Died." The subject matter wasn't as disturbing as the total lack of artistry in the lyrics. They died, died!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Hall & Oates Live - Sara Smile

12 to 15 minutes of masochism needed to endure their self indulgence.

I forget exactly how long, sticking myself with sharp objects for being stupid enough to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I recall that as a child, I despised this song. Midnight At The Oasis. It really bothered me for some reason. I still don't really care for it.

Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis - YouTube
    I liked then, and still like that tune. But I can appreciate those that don't, like those apparent legions that don't can't stand Minnie Ripperton's 'Loving You'

I heard some big time record producer awhile back speaking of Muldaur, more candidly than I would have expected to that point. He said he she had an alright voice, and he tried to steer her to a few tunes that he figured could have been hits, but that she declined, viewing herself as an artist like a Joni Mitchell or Laura Nyro.

Can't blame her even though she's patently wrong even to an uneducated ear like mine. If you don't believe it and reach for it, you're likely never to achieve it. She didn't measure up to her dream, but at least she had one to strive for.

Reviving this thread to add "Timber" by Ke$ha and the song with the banjos and they're saying "I will wait for you" ugh!! Neither song belongs on pop radio!!

Oh, I love Mumford & Sons, but they aren't traditional pop for sure. My least favorite pop radio song right now is "Mmm Yeah" by Austin Mahone. ( <--- this is my version of the girl walking away, which is basically the plot of the whole song)
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Reviving this thread to add "Timber" by Ke$ha and the song with the banjos and they're saying "I will wait for you" ugh!! Neither song belongs on pop radio!!
    I actually like timber and I do not like Ke$ha! IT kind of grew on me. But lately the songs I am hearing are really blech....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread