+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worst Songs Ever

Re: Worst Songs Ever

Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas.

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy;897250;
    There are so many but Yummy, Yummy, Yummy by the Archies...(and the 10,000 songs that copied it...)
    Do you mean Yummy Yummy Yummy I got gum in my tummy etc? That was done by the 1910 Fruit Gum Company. Don't remember the Archies touching that one.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda;879172;
    I really can not stand Justin Timberlakes Seniorita it truely is aweful but as far as the worst song ever (and I maybe showing my age here) it has to go to Charmaine ( I think that was her name) with I'v Been to Paradise but I'v Never been to Me.
    It has to be the worst song ever to be sung and to make the charts. It made no sense and was just truely grating. Every time somone mentions something to do with the worst song ever the song instantly comes to mind jumps into my head and it takes me all day to get rid of it.
    Yes! That one is definitely up there!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Hey everyone- is there a song you absolutely hated when you first heard it but then it grew on you? I remember the night I was dancing at a disco back in the 80's and The Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight came on. We were shocked! That wasn't music! But the more we heard it and listened to the hilarious lyrics, we couldn't help but like it. Dancing to it took some getting used to dance to though!

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3627896;
    Ok I will get a lot of flack for this, but I hate this song with a passion "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. Worst song ever.
    I can agree that it's not an appealing melody, but touching that Paul was trying to give Julian (Jules) some advice about his new step-mommy Yoko. I could have done without the screaming at the end for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3628251;
    I cannot stand the song "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White Ts.

My DH likes this song. I don't see the appeal. It is actually the concept of the song I have a problem with - the whole "it's your birthday, let's get it on!" message annoys me. To me it just sounds like (A) the guy wasn't thoughtful enough to get her an actual gift or (B) the guy is conceited enough to think that HE is so wonderful that sex must be the one and only thing she could possibly want from him.
    WTH is up with that? I hate songs that portray women solely as sexual objects. Does that mean I'm getting old??
    I saw the singer interviewed by TMZ and it ironically was his birthday and he was indeed leaving the club solo!!! ( Was it Kanye?)

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3643858;
    Do you mean Yummy Yummy Yummy I got gum in my tummy etc? That was done by the 1910 Fruit Gum Company. Don't remember the Archies touching that one.
    Actually, it was done by 1910 Fruitgum Company and then, years later, the Ohio Express. Neither had gum in their tummy, though. It was love.
    And, yes, it was a pretty bad song each time it was covered.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3644318;
    Actually, it was done by 1910 Fruitgum Company and then, years later, the Ohio Express. Neither had gum in their tummy, though. It was love.
    There is no evidence that 1910 Fruitgum Company ever did the song. The only group to ever get the song into the Billboard Top 100 was Ohio Express in 1968

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3644334;
    There is no evidence that 1910 Fruitgum Company ever did the song. The only group to ever get the song into the Billboard Top 100 was Ohio Express in 1968
    Thanks. It was urban legend, I guess. A lot of people thought so, according to what I found online when I googled it.

Interview With The 1910 Fruitgum Company

At any rate, it's a pretty bad song, so I am sure 1910 may be happy to not have to take credit for it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3644318;
    Of course! Just seemed like a great plug for Dentyne!

+ Reply to Thread