+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worst Songs Ever

FORT Fogey
    Yes, I am sorry, I should not say that all rap or hip-hop is bad...there are wonderful and revolutionary examples. I just think that it has been basterdized over the years for the sake of a quick buck.

Can any of these gangsta guys ever smile by the way? Its all about the glare and the scowl.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I was on hold with the cable company a few weeks ago, and they were playing Escape Club's "Wild Wild West". I can't even put into words how full of rage I became while listening. Each member of that band should have all future rights to create music revoked.

I agree with you whole heartedly. That song is absolutely hideous. I think I was a senior in high school when it came out and I couldn't stand it then. I can still remember frantically hitting the station preset buttons on the car radio whenever it came on. I hope you cancelled your cable service becouse of them having that song on their hold music. LOL.

BTW Thanks a lot - now I have that song going through my head along with brief flashes of the equally horrible video for it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I was on hold with the cable company a few weeks ago, and they were playing Escape Club's "Wild Wild West". I can't even put into words how full of rage I became while listening.
    I loved the parody version that they used to play on The Dr. Dimento Show. (they still play it from time to time).

The parody came out right when the first of the "Batman" movies was being made. Apparently Adam West, the original TV Batman, was upset that the producers of the movie didnt ask him to be the star. (yeah right Adam, he was only like 60 and chubby at the time - two things we dont often look for in our super-heroes LOL).

Here are the lyrics. Next time you hear Wild Wild West, just imagine these lyrics in your head instead. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Penguin and his 10 goons are plotting in a back room
    Pow, crash, boom, bam in leaps the Batman
    Making lives safe again for all the Gotham citizens
    He's so bitchin' he's so brave, it's back to the Batcave

CHORUS 1:
    He's got cool and savoir faire
    In his cape and cowl and his grey underwear
    who is the hero that we like best
    gotta be the Batman
    gotta be Adam West
    Adam West

I always cheer, I always squeal when he cries out
    "To the Batmobile"
    Commissioner's on the Batphone talking to the duo
    Joker has escaped again they're just to learn
    Gotta rev it up, rev it up emergency Bat-turn.

CHORUS 2:
    Each bad guy he always gets
    How does he stay it dry, he never sweats
    Which antiperspirant does he like best
    Gotta ask the Batman
    Gotta ask Adam West
    Adam West

You can have your Mr. Spock, you can have your Superman
    You can have your Ronald Regan, you can be an Elvis fan
    Sure they're heroic, sure they astound
    But they can't hold a candle to the Battest guy around

CHORUS 3:
    You see him at conventions and shopping malls
    Meeting all his fans, he sure has.......guts
    I comb the t.v. guide for Batman fests
    Tuning in to Batman, tuning in to Adam West
    Adam West
    Adam West
    Adam West
    Adam West

I'll get myself a Batsuit, then I'll be looking real cute
    I'll somersault all over town, I'll find Catwoman we'll get down
    I'll build my arms
    I'll pad my chest
    So I can look like Adam West
    He'll be the hero of the nation
    For a zillion generations

CHORUS 1:
    He's got cool and savoir faire
    In his cape and cowl and his grey underwear
    who is the hero that we like best
    gotta be the Batman
    gotta be Adam West
    Adam West

He's wrestled giant clams he's been almost barbecued
    But he always gets away just when you though he was screwed
    He's beaten up the Joker, the Riddler and the others
    But now his greatest foes are the folks at Warner Brothers

(spoken)
    Will the big budget blockbuster be a Bat-bomb?
    Will Batfans care that Batman is also Mr. Mom?
    Tune in tomorrow, to learn the rest

Cause I'll be watching Batman, Batman staring Adam West
    Adam West
    Adam West
    Adam West
    Adam West

That's not bad.

Unfortunately, now I, like Finallyhere, have it in my head. Amanda mad! Amanda smash!

I hate any song with sampling, ugh!! Can you not write your own songs and make your own music? I know sometimes the original artists give permission for this but I can't stand it. Also repetitive songs, um, can we have more than one line of lyrics please?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Yes, I am sorry, I should not say that all rap or hip-hop is bad...there are wonderful and revolutionary examples. I just think that it has been basterdized over the years for the sake of a quick buck.
    You could say that about almost any genre.

I used to watch videos all the time but it's become too sexual. Britney doesn't sing, she rolls around half naked. Even people like Jewel and Leann Rimes are focusing more about their image and less about musical quality.

I'm not a prude, but I really am sick of almost every song being about sex. At least in the 80s they could find something to sing about - like 99 luftballoons!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    I hate any song with sampling, ugh!! Can you not write your own songs and make your own music?
    I hate it too with a passion - and the answer is - no they cannot write their own music - mainly because other than the ability to scowl and mumble and use lots of Eubonics, the majority do not have any talent.

I dont know how many times my kids have said - "this" or "that" is a great song and "so and so" wrote it for his baby's momma or something. And I have to say - No, actually that is a very old rock or pop song and they have simply stolen a sample. This has of course led to many a parent/child debate.

I loved when Vanilla Ice tried to claim over and over that "Ice Ice Baby" wasn't a sample of "Under Pressure by Queen".

In an MTV interview he sat there straight faced and said "Queen's song goes - dun dun dun di di dun dun - and my song goes dun dun dun di di dun dun" and who ever was interviewing him was like "Uh, what was that difference again"?

Another group - I dont recall the name - took the song "Everyday people" and changed the name to "People Everyday" and tried to claim they wrote it. Hilarious and sad at the same time.

To their credit (or do to legal purposes), many a group does give sample credit nowadays. Its good for the original artists too as it gives a whole new generation exposure to their music.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    You could say that about almost any genre.

I used to watch videos all the time but it's become too sexual. Britney doesn't sing, she rolls around half naked. Even people like Jewel and Leann Rimes are focusing more about their image and less about musical quality.

I'm not a prude, but I really am sick of almost every song being about sex. At least in the 80s they could find something to sing about - like 99 luftballoons!
    Did you happen to catch Brits "performance" on Saturday night live this week? SNL "used" to have a "no lip sync" rule at one point but I guess its out the window with the advent of manufactured sex-pop. At one point during the first song she didnt even attempt to lip sync. I think she was on hiatus too long and forgot the dance routine and - being the bubble-headed blonde she is - cant do two things at once. So her she is dancing around - lips not even moving and her singing continues to fill the room. Pitiful. Pitiful.

Of course she did actually sing song #2 which was a ballad - she always sings the ballads for real and they are usually horrible as a result. You can always tell when Brit is lip-syncing (dance numbers-headset mic) and singing live (ballads-handheld mics).

And it is a TERRIBLE shame when people like Jewel, Lean Rimes and Liz Phair sex it up for the sake of selling a few CD's. They are al so talented and being very careless with the images they - and shows like Lillith Fair - fought so hard to promote. IE you dont have to writhe around half-naked showing off your store bought tits to be taken seriously in the music industry - as far as fans are concerned that is.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-20-2003 at 04:16 PM.

I HATE HATE HATE "My Body Is A Wonderland."

Ditto all of the above posts.

I meant "Your Body is a Wonderland." Damn, think of all those crazy jokes that'll come right after I post this....

+ Reply to Thread