+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Worst Songs Ever

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    "I Would Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf...Isn't this song part of some musical?
    Actually, I also like that song - and most of Meatloafs music as well.

Most of Meats hits were written by Jim Brickman - who also wrote hits for Air Supply (Makin Love Out of Nothing At All) and Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclipse of the Heart).

Its not surprising that you thought "I'd Do Anything..." was a Broadway song...most of Jim Brickmans songs have the sound and feel to them of a Broadway showstopper...they tend to start out softly with just a piano and singer then build and build, adding strings, buidling momentem and then have the big crashing last verse which then slows back down and ends on a coda with just piano and voice again.

Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    Madonnas 'Like a Virgin ties with 'Milli Vinillis' "ooo,ooo,ooo I want you" for worst song.In a pinch I' d vote M.Vs' Song the worst because it helped propel 'M.V ' be awarded the Grammy. Doesn't matter that the poster boys did'nt sing a lick of the lyrics ;the song , as well as the album were horrible :phhht :phhht
    When I met my husband he was a DJ in a dance club. He told me I HAD to check out "...this new group, Milli Vanilli. Man, they are awesome! These guys are really going somewhere.. " To this day, I drive him crazy because every time he tells me about some new group I ask him if they're as good as Milli Vanilli. And he HATES it because since he was a DJ he thinks everyone should defer to him regarding musical talent.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    "Hangin Tough" -New Kids On The Block
    I hate that song. And to think, I was a fan of theirs back in the day... but I was 13, so that's my excuse.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Actually, I also like that song - and most of Meatloafs music as well.

Most of Meats hits were written by Jim Brickman - who also wrote hits for Air Supply (Makin Love Out of Nothing At All) and Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclipse of the Heart).

Its not surprising that you thought "I'd Do Anything..." was a Broadway song...most of Jim Brickmans songs have the sound and feel to them of a Broadway showstopper...they tend to start out softly with just a piano and singer then build and build, adding strings, buidling momentem and then have the big crashing last verse which then slows back down and ends on a coda with just piano and voice again.
    Pardon my typo...I believe its Jim Steinman and not Jim Brickman...Jim something that ends in 'man' anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I hate that song. And to think, I was a fan of theirs back in the day... but I was 13, so that's my excuse.
    lol. me & my friends were fans...I was about 11..my favorite was Joey
    but to listen to the song now...it's really awful.

Jessica SImpson - Take my breathe away (cheap imitation)
    P.Diddy Feat. ENya - I don't want to know
    Blink 182 - I miss you (I like blink, but not this song)

Dur Dur D'Etre Bebe by Jordy.

This song came out my freshman year in college and of course I had to buy the single just to hear it. It's kind of a rap by a 4 year old French kid. Amusing and disturbing at the same time.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Turn Me On by Kevin Lyttle.

My gawddddddddddd, I hate this song. It is so annoying.
    LOVES:

- REALITY TV
    - DREW DANIEL FROM BB5
    - JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
    - MAROON 5
    - BACKSTREET BOYS

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Dur Dur D'Etre Bebe by Jordy.

This song came out my freshman year in college and of course I had to buy the single just to hear it. It's kind of a rap by a 4 year old French kid. Amusing and disturbing at the same time.
    brusch! Thanks for reminding me of that awful piece of "music" (and I'm using the term very loosely.)
    Oh la la bébé, dur dur d'être bébé
    That's bound to be stuck in my head for at least the day.

Probably not the worst ever, but that Hoobastank song thats popular now 'Perfect person" or "The Reason is you" or whatever its called, is absolutely horrible. What a washed out and watered down piece of garbage song. Its playing on my radio right now and as soon as I'm done with this post I'm going to dig out a CD to throw in so I can get it out of my memory. Hoobastank really Hooba-sux.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread