+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Download Help Please!

More Download Help Please!

I love the song "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree and can't find it anywhere. I've asked before for other songs and somehow, I've usually gotten it from someone. I'll be endebted to you forever if you can tell me where to download it . . .

It's been awhile since I've downloaded anything. I heard Napster is back. Did you try Kazaa or Grokster? I have it on cd or I would send it to you.

I used to have Kazaa but now I'm not allowed to have any of those type programs, which is why I always need help finding things unfortunately.

It's old enough I think you would be able to find it somewhere. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

you would think . . . thanks anyway!

by 'any of those programs' you mean peer to peer ones that might get you sued? try soulseek. keep your shares available to only your buddy list (tho make sure you add whoever you are getting tunes from to your list so you aren't caught not sharing) and you'll be safe from persecution. it's a buggy little program but the users are music lovers with lots of high quality mp3s available.

Quote Originally Posted by oddballgeek
    by 'any of those programs' you mean peer to peer ones that might get you sued? try soulseek.
    would that be .net, org., what? I'm actually a little afraid to go on any sites myself nowadays even though what I download is nothing compared to some people.

www.slsknet.org

it's down at the moment (i'm useful huh??) and it does go down somewhat regularly so feel warned. but the users are loyal and it is curently safe from record people and can be set to be nearly bulletproof. it's easy to get full albums from the place and (depending on your connection) you can normally get decent speeds. if you end up liking it, send 'em five bucks and you don't have to wait in download queues.

Bochum, Germany, soon to be Las Vegas, Nevada
    once you downloaded the client, make sure you configure your shares. hardly anyone on slsk will let you download if you don't offer files. however, in order to be safe from the RIAA enable the "only share with people on my list" option. then you can run a search for the files you want, and once you find a user that has them available, right click that user and pick "add to list". that way that user can download from you (fair is fair) and you can most likely access his files. sometimes there are firewall issues and you get an "error trying to receive file list" or other message. just ignore that and pick another copy of what you are trying to find from a different user.

hope it works for you
    your little princess is my little whore

Best Buy has a service you can use called Rhapsody, you pay $9.95/month and 79 cents for each song burned and it's legal. Just go to BestBuy.com and under the music, movies and games tab click on music and you'll find the info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast