+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Can you play an Instrument?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Aww... You're probably really good.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

My mom now has a plot to get me to join the Junior Orchestra. She says that I shouldn't wait until next spring to audition (if I do so, I join in 8th grade), that I should have one of the music/band leaders listen to me play the violin and be so amazed at my skill that they let me in.

I find her nagging annoying.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    My mom now has a plot to get me to join the Junior Orchestra. She says that I shouldn't wait until next spring to audition (if I do so, I join in 8th grade), that I should have one of the music/band leaders listen to me play the violin and be so amazed at my skill that they let me in.I find her nagging annoying.
    I have no idea what goes on in your family haejin so I will tread lightly here but:

Your mom is probably just trying to be encouring to let you know how much she loves your playing. She wants to build self-confidence in you so that you also love your playing and not feel intimidated to join the orchestra.

But always go with your gut feeling and what you want your music to mean to you.

But I wiil say that playing as part of an ensemble, whether it be a rock group or orchestra can be so fun and rewarding and it improves your playing beyond measure to just playing alone.

Whatever you decide. Just make sure to do one thing; Enjoy yourself. Music is a pleasure and not a chore. and Rock On!
    Last edited by Daddio; 11-21-2003 at 04:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567