+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BNL

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    BNL is great, and their concerts are a blast (I've been to 2).
    I completely agree, Lobeck. Their concerts are almost like a comedy show. I was lucky enough to see them before they were popular outside of Canada, and they were playing tiny venues in Buffalo (which really might as well be part of Canada). I've never laughed so hard in any sort of a concert setting.

Bare Naked Ladies ROCK!

I'm glad you clarified who/what BNL is!

I LOVE their Another Postcard song! I haven't heard many others by them but I love what I've heard.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I love BNL, They play at Boston's Fall concerts every year,I love thier new song....Chimps

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by likeafox
    Anybody a fan? I love them.
    I enjoy a few of their songs but I have never bought or burned any of their CD's.

I have never seen them in concert but I understand - as some of you have mentioned - that they are a blast. Bands like that - with exciting live shows - dont always translate over to CD as well. The Greatful Dead is a prime example.

Maybe they will put out a live album.

I also understand that it was Jason Priestly who discovered them and got them out of the bars and really propelled their career.

Maybe they will put out a live album.
    They do have a live album out called "Live Rock Spectical" IT's an early Greatest Hits, covering a lot of their best tunes... I HIGHLY recommend it!! It really takes you beyond the "Funny" songs that get overplayed on the radio and shows you what kind of talent they actually have... They also have a "Greatest Hits" album that's all studio versions...

For those who are already fans, I highly recommend the limited edition DVD that's available with their new CD!! The accoustic performance on the DVD is great!!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio

I have never seen them in concert but I understand - as some of you have mentioned - that they are a blast. Bands like that - with exciting live shows - dont always translate over to CD as well. The Greatful Dead is a prime example.

I also understand that it was Jason Priestly who discovered them and got them out of the bars and really propelled their career.
    Of course they don't sound exactly the same on a studio album as they do live. There are pros and cons to both formats, and I think fans are lucky that BNL performs so well either way.

I've always thought that Jason Priestly thing was highly exaggerated. He's a footnote in BNL history.

Just bumping this thread... Has anyone seen them on their current tour?? I saw them a couple of weeks ago and I'm going again Monday and Tuesday in the Boston Area...

The shows have been GREAT! They're selling them on the Internet! If you're interested you can download them from www.barenakedladies.com

I've picked up a couple of them and they're really cool!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

How were the concerts? I wish I could have gone.

Anyone planning on going to a BNL/Alanis concert this summer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12