+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 44848586878889909192939495 LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Re: What's the last CD you bought?

Michael Buble's Crazy Love
    His genre of music is not what I normally listen to (I prefer Top 40, Dance, R&B, Christina, Britney) and I can't even recall how I came about his music a few years ago. But I absolutely love his voice!... and he's not too shabby on eyes either... been listening to the cd for the past 2 days and I love it!
    Love his version of Billy Vera's 'At This Moment' and y'all may laugh at me for this but one of the reasons for buying this cd was for his version of 'Cry Me A River' which I mistakenly thought was going to be the Justin Timberlake's version.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm with you babs1003.

Michael wasn't even on my radar until he came out with "Home" a few years back. My friend Judy (who is old enough to be my Mom) kept telling me to listen to him. I put it off thinking I wouldn't be a fan since I wasn't crazy about Sinatra (or the like).

She even went as far as to buy me a cd. I gave it to my husband! Then, one day while driving home on a quiet Sunday afternoon, I heard "Home" on the radio and fell in love. Of course, the dj never said who was singing and I couldn't get thru to the station on the phone so I sent an email when I got to my computer. I described the lyrics and told him what time I had heard the song and asked for the artist's name. He replies back "That was Michael Buble". Being the skeptic that I am, I said "It couldn't have been MB, I don't like his music!".

Fast-forward about 4 years and I am HOOKED! Yes, he is easy on the eyes and I love his sense of humor.

Hoping to hear about tour dates soon. Saw him in concert on St Patrick's Day in 2008. He puts on a great show!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I bought the new Weezer album Raditude on Amazon mp3 today for just $3.99. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far!! I love Weezer when they are lighthearted and don't take themselves so seriously, so this album was right up my alley. There is a "deluxe" version for $8.99 with a few more tracks, but I figure I can check those out separately and buy any of those that I like later on (I didn't love the bonus tracks on the Red album).

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3742298;
    I bought the new Weezer album Raditude on Amazon mp3 today for just $3.99. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far!! I love Weezer when they are lighthearted and don't take themselves so seriously, so this album was right up my alley. There is a "deluxe" version for $8.99 with a few more tracks, but I figure I can check those out separately and buy any of those that I like later on (I didn't love the bonus tracks on the Red album).
    Love that new single, what's it called? "If You Wonder If I Want You To?" So the rest of the CD is good? Maybe I'll have to download it.

Ran out today and bought the Foo Fighters new Greatest Hits CD...I am Dave Grohl's no. 1 fangirl (see av ) and even if there were no new songs I would have bought it anyway, but it's worth it just for the absolutely beautiful acoustic version of "Everlong", which is the final track. I do have an acoustic mp3 version of Dave doing the song on a radio show, and a video of a live acoustic performance, but this official recorded version is outstanding.
    I spent 2 1/2 hours this past Friday night watching the Foos perform on Facebook via "livestream" - fantastic free concert and they took live requests from FB posters.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3742966;
    Love that new single, what's it called? "If You Wonder If I Want You To?" So the rest of the CD is good? Maybe I'll have to download it.
    The full name of that track is "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To". I am enjoying the rest of the CD. I think it is definitely more in the style of the Red album than Maladroit or Pinkerton. This is fine with me, but whether you like it will probably depend on if you are okay with the fun/tongue-in-cheek Weezer or if you prefer their heavier stuff. I'd recommend listening to some samples on Amazon so you can snatch it up while it is still being offered on the cheap if you like it!!
    Amazon.com: Raditude (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Version): Weezer: MP3 Downloads

I also just bought Raditude after hearing from a lot of my friends how "terrible" it was because it was "Different"
    I actually love it.

Put me back together is quickly becoming one of my favorite Weezer songs of all time.
    Right up there with my favorites from Pinkerton.

And how can you not like Can't Stop Partying (feat Lil Wayne)
    Weezer managed to take a song that is basically Hip-hop-club-hit-for-dummies formula
    add Lil Wayne (who I don't care for at all as a stand alone "artist")
    And make a song that I find catchy and endearing. I can't help but feel happy when I listen to it.
    I've been ending all of my DJ sets with that song playing as we break down the lights
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

ClosetNerd - I'm glad I'm not the only one that is enjoying Weezer's new stuff!!

I bought the Florence + the Machine album Lungs and the Band of Skulls album Baby Darling Doll Face Honey. After hearing the songs Kiss with a Fist (F+tM) and I Know What I Am (BoS). They are both alternative rock with a lot of tracks that have a kind of old school or folk feel that I really like. Florence reminds me a bit of Siouxsie and the Banshees, which I love!!

I bought Sade's new album Soldier of Love yesterday. I love it just as much as I have loved her past music. It was well worth waiting for!

Bought The Dirty Heads - Any Port In A Storm album and I am thoroughly enjoying it!! It has a distinct Sublime feel to it, although maybe a bit less "edgy". I picked up the full TWENTY-THREE track mp3 album on Amazon for just $5.99! It was well worth that price! (iTunes is asking $9.99) They do list two versions on Amazon, but they appeared to have the same track list so I don't know what that's all about...
    Amazon.com: Dirty Heads - Any Port In A Storm: MP3 Downloads

I just got the Dirty heads album too! I've only given half a listen so far.

That same day I bought Mumford and Sons: Sigh No More
    So far I haven't been able to take Mumford and Sons out of heavy rotation.
    One of my favorite finds in many years.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread