+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Re: What's the last CD you bought?

Blood stains on the wall? It arguably makes more sense than the "wood chip." Actually, I didn't want to say this and risk sounding like an attention ho, but my band does a more balladish version of the song (if you've heard the Nick Cave version that was a B-side on "Bad Cover Version," that's essentially it), and maybe I'll sneak your words in at the next show.

Thanks for the book recommendation, too! Between all the Pulp and Suede I've been listening to, it should be a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3013039;
    ClosetRTWatcher: I keep picking up Weezer! Which do you suggest I buy as my first CD of theirs?
    The first one I got by them was The Blue Album, and it is still my fav!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-30-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: fix quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3013039;
    ClosetRTWatcher: I keep picking up Weezer! Which do you suggest I buy as my first CD of theirs?
    Ok, I went away for a while and then realized I had more to say on this but it was too late to edit it into my last post!

So I still maintain that the Blue Album is my fav Weezer album, but I do also like the Green Album - it has the same kind of laid-back feel that I liked in the Blue Album.

For me, Maladroit and Pinkerton have a "heavier" feel to them. They are okay, but I don't find the music chill and relaxing - it feels more stressful to me if that makes sense...

More recently I bought Make Believe after the song We Are All On Drugs caught my attention. At first I didn't think I liked it much, but there are a number of tracks that have really been growing on me. (I should mention that I often listen to a CD several times before I really decide if I like it).

Their new track that I mentioned "Pork and Beans" feels like more of a return to their laid-back sound. I am hoping for more of that on the rest of the album.

So anyway, that is my long-winded answer to your question!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3030180;
    (I should mention that I often listen to a CD several times before I really decide if I like it).
    I'm the same way. I actually didn't like Daughtry's CD on the first listen but after the 3rd? It's now my favorite. It's very rare that I love a CD on the very first go around which is why the Nickelback one is so special.

Read a lot of good reviews about the blue album so I'm going to get that one first! Thanks for the tip.

Just downloaded The Best of Rockstar INXS because I still can't get Marty Casey's Tree and Creep out of my mind and overall I really like this compilation. There are some (Ty's) that didn't make it onto my MP3 player but the majority of the songs are awesome. Favorites are California Dreamin' (JD Fortune), The Letter (JD Fortune), Creep (Marty Casey), Bohemian Rhapsody (Suzie McNeil), Heart Shaped Box (Jordis Unga). Downloaded the Tree song from another CD.

Also downloaded the Sponge Bob song The Goofy Goober Song (and the Rock one) for my son and its so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3030364;
    I'm the same way. I actually didn't like Daughtry's CD on the first listen but after the 3rd? It's now my favorite. It's very rare that I love a CD on the very first go around which is why the Nickelback one is so special.

Read a lot of good reviews about the blue album so I'm going to get that one first! Thanks for the tip.

Just downloaded The Best of Rockstar INXS because I still can't get Marty Casey's Tree and Creep out of my mind and overall I really like this compilation. There are some (Ty's) that didn't make it onto my MP3 player but the majority of the songs are awesome. Favorites are California Dreamin' (JD Fortune), The Letter (JD Fortune), Creep (Marty Casey), Bohemian Rhapsody (Suzie McNeil), Heart Shaped Box (Jordis Unga). Downloaded the Tree song from another CD.

Also downloaded the Sponge Bob song The Goofy Goober Song (and the Rock one) for my son and its so funny.
    I'm really surprised that nothing ever happened for Jordis. I really had high hopes for her. But Marty I just never ever got. He was a screamer of the worst order. Yeow!

Give him another listen, I actually hated almost everything he did on the show except for Trees and Creep. But he sounds absolutely amazing on his CD and no screaming anywhere. Jordis was my favorite in the competition but she doesn't sound that good on the CD. The one that blows you away? Is Suzie. WOW...just wow...and even JD (who I hated) has my favorite songs on that CD.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    4 Way Street by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young - This was one of those classic albums you just kind of need in your album collection. Great songs, a rather intimate feeling to the performance, and Neil Young is basically the coolest person alive. The CD is great because it includes songs that wouldn't fit on the original LP, including a medley of "The Loner, Cinnamon Girl, and Down by the River."
    Oh, hell yeah. Love this one. My favorite Neil Young is Rust Never Sleeps, I bought the vinyl album when it was first released in '79 and wore out the acoustic side.

Travis - The Boy With No Name (****)
    Justin Nozuka - Holly (****)

I really enjoyed both albums, and it takes a lot for me to give out 5 stars.

I can't stop listening to the song Closer by Travis. It's really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;3029774;
    4 Way Street by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young[/B] - This was one of those classic albums you just kind of need in your album collection. Great songs, a rather intimate feeling to the performance, and Neil Young is basically the coolest person alive. The CD is great because it includes songs that wouldn't fit on the original LP, including a medley of "The Loner, Cinnamon Girl, and Down by the River."
    Probably my favorite album of all time! My son used to laugh at me when I would sing along to Suite: Judy Blue Eyes. Fast forward about 5 years and he asked me one day "Don't you have that CSN&Y album Dad?" Yep, he grew to appreciate good music.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3031750;
    Oh, hell yeah. Love this one. My favorite Neil Young is Rust Never Sleeps, I bought the vinyl album when it was first released in '79 and wore out the acoustic side.
    I still have all my vinyl albums (and a working turntable, but I never play them) and one of my all time favorites that got a big workout was Rust Never Sleeps.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread