+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Re: What's the last CD you bought?

The Weepies // Hideaway
    Tristan Prettyman // Hello...x
    Holly Conlan // Bird

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2873659;
    How Great Thou Art - various artists - twelve gospel songs recorded live at the Grand Ole Opry - Fantastic!

1. I'll Fly Away - Charlie Daniels Band/Mac Powell

2. Blessed Assurance - Alan Jackson

3. Precious Memories - Patty Loveless

4. Precious Lord, Take My Hand - Ronnie Milsap

5. Family Bible - Ricky Skaggs/The Whites

6. Just A Closer Walk With Thee - Sara Evans

7. The Old Rugged Cross - Brad Paisley

8. Wayfaring Stranger - Trace Adkins

9. Where No One Stands Alone - Loretta Lynn

10. Give Me Jesus - Vince Gill

11. A House Of Gold - Dierks Bentley

12. How Great Thou Art - Carrie Underwood
    After reading your recommendation, I ordered this one from Amazon. You're right, it is fantastic! I love that they're basically traditional arrangements. I'll be enjoying this CD for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;2942641;
    After reading your recommendation, I ordered this one from Amazon. You're right, it is fantastic! I love that they're basically traditional arrangements. I'll be enjoying this CD for a long time.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Ben Harper - Both Sides of the Gun.....excellent
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

I was lucky enough to receive an Amazon.com gift certificate for my birthday, so I've gone mad with power lately. Mad, I tell you!

"Tomahawk" by Tomahawk - The first album from the "supergroup" of sorts, since it combines Mike Patton, Duane Denison of The Jesus Lizard, Kevin Rutmanis of the Melvins, and John Stanier of Helmet. Hard-hitting, very experimental (yet catchy) metal with lyrical moments. All the band members are, as expected, exceptional at what they do. Rating: 8.5/10

"Romances" by Patton/Kaada - A collaboration between Mike Patton and John Erik Kaada, a Norwegian film composer. Breathtakingly good! Dreamy, slightly creepy, funny, and highly atmospheric. Rating: 10/10

"Suspended Animation" by Fantomas - Yeah, I like Mike Patton. What of it? This album, a concept album about the month of April, is basically doom metal mixed with cartoon music and sound effects. April is National Humor Month and National Anxiety Month, you see. Rating: 9/10

"Irony is a Dead Scene" by The Dillinger Escape Plan - These guys are infamous for using dice to determine the time signatures of their songs. Methodical madness in the best possible way. Plus, they do the unthinkable and cover Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy." Rating: 9.5/10

"Crackle" by Bauhaus - This is a "greatest hits" type deal, and reminded me of how much I adore this band. You hear "Bela Lugosi's Dead" and think it's scientifically impossible to top it, and then "She's in Parties" comes on and does just that. Rating: 11/10?

"White Light/White Heat" by The Velvet Underground - Well, it's legendary, of course. Back in 1967, Lou Reed and co. were putting out music that still sounds more shocking and cutting-edge than what you hear on the radio in 2008. Rating: Transcendent/10

"Marquee Moon" by Television - This is a band I always meant to check out, but hadn't gotten around to it until now. It was worth the wait! What the critics have written is all true--Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd's guitar work does mesh in a near-mystical fashion, the approximate fusion of punk and jazz is incredible (and works, somehow), and these warriors of the CBGB era did, in fact, change the face of rock music as we know it. Rating: A+/10

"Pierrot Lunaire" written by Arnold Schoenberg - Before he developed 12-tone music, Schoenberg wrote this atonal work, which depicts the paranoid ramblings of a clown who has gone insane by staring at the moon for too long. Rating: /10

I bought Backstreet Boys Unbreakable!
    It's good and i love it!

I bought the Just Whitney by Whitney Houston.

FORT Fogey

spirit leona lewis

Madonna - Hard Candy (its fantastic )
    :nono

^ I wasn't amazed like I thought I would be but it was still good. I don't buy a lot of cd's so the last ones I bought were last year.
    Blackout-Britney (very underrated!)

Frank-Amy Winehouse.

Frank is really good! I wish Amy would get off them drugs! She has an amazing voice!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

+ Reply to Thread