+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: What's the last CD you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2536049;
    Yeah, double speaking of hot, I just got The Best of Leonard Cohen and London Calling by The Clash! Dreamy!

Wait a minute. . . .
    Great combo!

London Calling is one of my favorite albums. I saw The Clash on that tour and they were amazing.

I bet that was an incredible show!

I forgot another one . . . Rain Dogs by Tom Waits. I didn't get to listen to it a whole lot at first because we had company over, and since it's rather strange, I knew they'd judge me. However, now that I've gotten through it a few times, I lurve it. Brilliant.

I bought 3 concert cds of the Allman Brothers Band (one from each of 2004, 2005 and 2006).
    There are some interesting cover versions and on one of the shows Warren Haynes couldn't make the show and to replace his guitar, Ron Holloway substituted on sax.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2536427;
    I bought 3 concert cds of the Allman Brothers Band (one from each of 2004, 2005 and 2006).
    There are some interesting cover versions and on one of the shows Warren Haynes couldn't make the show and to replace his guitar, Ron Holloway substituted on sax.
    I've seen the Allman Brothers 4 times. They just played in Charlotte and I would have loved to have gone. 2nd to the Stones, the Allman Brothers are my favorite band. I have some rare copies of 2 anthology volumes of Duane's.
    But I don't think they have Dickey Betts playing with them anymore and I love him.

I just bought "The Very Best of Dwight Yoakum". It was in the low, low price bin, but its great. He does Bakersfield with Buck Owens. I'm listening to it now. Yoakum just reminds of the older sound of Country. I am not a fan of "new country". Just about anything that came after Alabama and Randy Travis, I don't listen too. Give me George Jones, Hank Williams (Jr. and Sr.), Buck Owens, Roy Clark, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline. I'll take the oldies anytime.

But the Yoakum CD is definetly a good one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just got Twenty Twenty - The Essential T Bone Burnett, which is a two-disc, forty track (obviously) compilation of highlights from throughout Burnett's performing career. My goodness. It's incredible. It got some negative reviews because he apparently did some drastic re-arrangements on tracks from his album Proof Through the Night, but I still give it about ten stars out of five. Beautiful vocals, arrangements, lyrics, instrumental work (there are guests such as Pete Townshend, Richard Thompson, and Marc Ribot) and, of course, production.

Premium Member

I just bought The Duhks - Migrations on eBay. I heard them for the first time last night, they are a "folk-rock-Celtic-bluegrass" band from Canada and I can't wait to hear the whole album.

I went to an Independent Artist Music Festival on Sunday night and picked up a few cds:

Amanda Dumas - Pink Shoes and Tuna Fish

My favorite female performer of the night, and normally I am not really that into female voices. It has been stuck in my car cd player since I bought it, well not literally stuck, just too good to take out of the player.

Shawn Hlookoff - Both Sides

I believe that he has a number one single in Canada called Soldiers, but over here he is not well known. To me, he is a Candian Jamie Cullum and that is something that I will automatically love.

Trevor Hall - Lace Up Your Shoes and his new EP The Rascals Have Returned

He was the youngest performer that was up, and I saw about 15 of them. When he came out my friend and I both said...what a baby face. However, his voice just totally blew us away. He was opening for David Grey and has been picked up by Geffen Records now, but still came out to do the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I asked for and was given Constantine Maroulis' new CD for my birthday....

I don't think he will win any Grammys with this CD but I love him... and all........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan

Linkin Park "Minutes to Midnight"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My next cd will have to be MIA's Kala.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread