+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

gawd I feel old.
    The stores (not one) didn't have this music I wanted from a band when I was very young that I LOVED. I saw them so many times in concert I can't count (to defend my semi-youngness I started goin to concerts very young) like 2
    Anyway this band from Boston called The J. Geils Band. Their songs put me in a great mood. I had to order on-line.

Fairly recent I got the new Keith Urban cd - very good imho : )

My love grows cold... my angel's in a centerfold.....

I'm surprised you have to describe the J. Geils band, JamiLee. Are there people out there that haven't heard of them??? *gasp* I'm old with ya, apparently. Heh.

I just bought a cd off of amazon.co.uk and I cannot wait until it gets here (I'll be holding my breath until March 19 - 21st. whuh-oh!) Anyways... it's from a kid named Declan Bennett. I just caught him as Roger in RENT tonight and had to order it. It has rave reviews, so here's hoping. Perhaps I should have listened to his myspace stuff first? Have any of our Great Britain FORTers heard of him?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I bought the Aladdin soundtrack at Goodwill the other day
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I've been really pleased with my last few purchases:

Wincing the Night Away - The Shins: It's very Smiths/Morrissey sounding, and I mean that in a good way.

The Crane Wife - The Decemberists: Their latest album does not disappoint. Movingover to a major label hasn't happened their creativity or unique sound one bit.

The Good, the Bad, and the Queen: The eponymous debut of Damon Albarn's latest "supergroup" shows off an even darker, more orchestral side of this brilliantly schizophrenic artist, aided by Clash legend Paul Simonon, the Verve's Simon Tong, and genius producer/DJ Danger Mouse.

I'm also enjoying Beck's last CD, as well as Muse's, although I didn't buy them, I got them courtesy a good friend of mine. Good stuff!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2272064;
    My love grows cold... my angel's in a centerfold.....

I'm surprised you have to describe the J. Geils band, JamiLee. Are there people out there that haven't heard of them??? *gasp* I'm old with ya, apparently. Heh.
    HA!! I forgot about that song!! Loved that one. Love all their music. I think the reason I go wayyyyyyyyyyyy back to I'm thinking it was quite a while before Centerfold is because I was very, very young and I was a bit of a bratty kid out causing trouble with equally bratty friends (bratty is an understatement) we would listen to songs that never really got big on the radio or that were well known. Brings back lots of good memories........even though I think of my poor parents with kid like me.
    Here is one, "Wooba gooba with the green teeth" Rapunza etc. etc.

OMG i love that song. They put on THE BEST CONCERTS too!!
    They were also very, very nice guys.

Anyway, my reply was to say the songs we liked so much were not well known like "Centerfold" and I just think people don't know them. I've different friends -all different ages and really a lot of people just are like J. who? Maybe they remember PETER.......
    Last edited by JamiLee; 03-13-2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: to try and make more sense haha

The Shins album is wicked, innit Snowy dear? It is one of my most recent purchases, along with the latest effort from Lucinda Williams (amazing, but then again she can't go wrong in my book, what with being all heartfelt and raw and country and literary) and the Grinderman CD. Nick Cave rawks like it's the Birthday Party revisited on his 50th birthday, who would have thought?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Yesterday I bought Back to Basics by Christina Aguilera. It's great.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I Is Stephanie
    I just purchased One-X, the latest effort from Canadian rock band Three Days Grace, and I have to say, if Nickelback didn't exist, I would say that they are my favorite band in the world! But, I can't. It's Nickelback for life. Although, 3DG just toured with NB... AMAZING show, changed my life!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Jerry Garcia Band: Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York City, October 31, 1987

For 2 weeks the Jerry Garcia Band played on Broadway. Each show had an acoustic set and an electric set. Halloween was the final night, with an afternoon show and an evening show. Only 1 song was played twice during the 2 shows. During the show the JGB played some country, some bluegrass, some traditional songs, some blues, a few Bob Dylan songs, a Beatles song, a Warren Zevon song, a Jimmy Cliff song, a Peter Tosh song, a Van Morrison song, a Motown song, a Chuck Berry song, and some Jerry Garcia written tunes. In all likelihood its only because of Jerry Garcia's following from the Grateful Dead that made it possible to play these shows, but if I had any musical talent and was in a band this is how I would want to do it - just play whatever songs I felt like playing.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Jerry Garcia Band: Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York City, October 31, 1987
    I saw Jerry at Lunt-fontanne! Great Shows! I'm going to order this right now!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

+ Reply to Thread