+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 95 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Premium Member
    I pre-ordered Morrissey: Ringleader of the Tormentors a while back and it arrived Tuesday, on its release date - sweet!

"The Youngest Was The Most Loved" is the stand out track for me at the moment.

I just purchased a 4 disc boxed set Woodstock 25th anniversary collection set. It's like far out man.
    It is nice. It includes the 2 sets of Woodstock soundtrack albums and an hour of previously unreleased music along with a cool booklet.

Confessions On A Dance Floor - Madonna

I bought it cause a crush of mine told me how much they liked it.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

MrCorkles... I have so many cds in my collection for just that reason. I pull up nearly every cd and remember 1) the guy, and 2) what we were doing the first time we listened to his cd together.

*sigh*

Mozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. .. I'm thinking that CD title would make a good avatar title for YOU.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Aggro Berlin - Aggro Ansage Nr.5

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Mozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. .. I'm thinking that CD title would make a good avatar title for YOU.
    Actually, Manny did have that CD title and the album cover as his avatar and title for a while, so I lived vicariously through him during that phase.

I went to see the fabulous miss Neko Case last night (see my glowing review in the "Concerts you will attend" thread) and as a bona fide music geek, I'm happy to report that I picked up Canadian Amp, an EP from 2001 that's ridiculously hard to find. She allegedly recorded it in her own kitchen and it features wonderful cover version of songs by Neil Young, Hank Williams and traditional country songs as well as a few of Case's own songs. Great stuff. I also bought Cut Yourself a Switch by Catherine Irwin, who opened for Neko Case and did such a fine job that I just had to pick up her CD immediately. If you're into contemporary alt.country singers such as Lucinda Williams and Gillian Welch, if you've played the Oh Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack more times than you can count and have a special place in your heart for old-school country acts like the Carter Family, look no further. This is the album for you.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    I bought Fall Out Boy's Take This to Your Grave and Panic! At The Disco's A Fever You Can't Sweat Out at the same time, yesterday
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Premium Member
    Roseanne Cash - Black Cadillac

Six Feet Under soundtrack (the second one) and Red Hot Chili Peppers new one. They have a great song on there called "Wet Sand"

+ Reply to Thread