+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

I just downloaded my first CD from Sympatico Music...
    The Best of Rockstar Inxs....(thanks to those on the FORT that were talking about this album!!)

This was what I was hoping Rockstar Live at the Mayan was going to be...now if I can just figure out how to get the downloaded tracks to my brother so he can burn it for me....
    ---------------------
    opps....

I just got the new Beth Orton CD in the mail. As soon as I get some money, I'll pick up the new Belle & Sebastian album too. Has anyone bought it yet? It's supposed to be really good. Of course, since I own everything they've ever recorded - right down to the EP's - I'd buy it regardless.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Hey, Geek the Girl, I bought the new Belle & Sebastian album yesterday, and it's fantastic! The production is really sterling, and they have their classic sound while simultaneously exploring some new sounds. For example, "Another Sunny Day" has some jaw-dropping countryesque guitar, "Song for Sunshine" has flavors of Steely Dan jazz-funk, and "The Blues are Still Blue" sounds like a T. Rex/Velvet Underground stomper (featuring the lowest vocals Stuart has probably ever sung ). It's just a delightful listen, in the classic B & S tradition, add the fact that they're adding new colors to their pallette only makes it better, in my opinion.

The best of Van Morrison. V1 & 2.
    home at last

I know I bought it in January, but its the last CD I bought. I bought Fefe Dobson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Hey, Geek the Girl, I bought the new Belle & Sebastian album yesterday, and it's fantastic! The production is really sterling, and they have their classic sound while simultaneously exploring some new sounds. For example, "Another Sunny Day" has some jaw-dropping countryesque guitar, "Song for Sunshine" has flavors of Steely Dan jazz-funk, and "The Blues are Still Blue" sounds like a T. Rex/Velvet Underground stomper (featuring the lowest vocals Stuart has probably ever sung ). It's just a delightful listen, in the classic B & S tradition, add the fact that they're adding new colors to their pallette only makes it better, in my opinion.
    Hi Manny ! Thanks for telling me. I'll go ahead and order my copy right away! I was a B&S fan back when the only way to get ahold of Tigermilk was to copy someone's ratty old tape - which in its turn was a copy of a copy of a copy of the real thing (I know, the "Geek" part of my name is very apt. ) and have been following their career eagerly ever since. I wasn't too wild about Dear Catastrophe Waitress, though; although it had some stellar tunes, I didn't feel that the production suited the band - that is, it didn't suit my idea of what they should sound like, anyway. Judging by your description of The Life Pursuit, it would appear that they're back on the right track while still managing to explore some new sounds.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Thelonius Monk Quartet and John Coltrane live at Carnegie Hall....it's fantastic! The one before that was the Take That collection....a little different, but great to dance to if you like cheesetastic boy bands like them...heheh.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

The Killers - Hot Fuss.

My favorite song off it is Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Bo Bice
    Faith Hill - Fireflies

FORT Newbie
    Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts

+ Reply to Thread