+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

FORT Fan
    "Measure of a Man" -Clay Aiken ***1/2 Some songs seem too short (Run To Me) and some aren't (ISY).

In the past few months I also got:
    Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" ***1/2
    "The Man Comes Around" -Johnny Cash **** (although, I've haven't listened to it since his passing - don't think I can survive "In My Life"- just beautiful)
    "No More Pictures" -Brad Paisley **1/2 (Cute, but Celebrity isn't on it)
    "Fallen" -Evanescence **** ('cause my son asked for it ). -I have bought others for my daughters, but haven't listened to them.

absolute beginner - blast action heros

(german hip hop)

Back to the store yesterday, yes bought music twice in less than one week, lol.

Measure of A Man - cause my friends took all but one of mine (bought three more)
    Nickelback - The Long Road (3 1/2*) Not my favorite, still like Silver Side Up better.
    Barbra Streisand - The Movie Album - (4*) Only because I love her voice, very smooth, but I still prefer the "belting" Babs in her younger days.

Brian McKnight - U Turn (3 1/2*) Still prefer Anytime and Back At One

Varekai - Cirque de Soliel (4*), but I saw the show, so that might make a difference in the enjoyment level.

Thanks Brenna, I didn't know they released another Eva Cassidy. Next trip I must pick that up. Unfortunately, I think the parents are running low of usable material. But her interpretation of music is usually so right on.

Just bought Measure Of A Man (Clay Aiken) --
    Not sure whether to give it 5 stars ('cos I love the album and the songs grow on me, so even the ones I thought at first were weak have become "favorites" too)
    or 4 stars ('cos this album doesn't show off Clay's vocal range, especially his lower register, or versatility -- he can do country, slow mellow ballads, soaring Broadway tunes, Gospel, and classic rock excellently, but this album doesn't let him).

Last album before that was a collection of Buddy Holly's greatest hits. I'd give that one 4 1/2 stars, just 'cos I like some of Buddy's songs better than others.

Then there's "Facing Future" by Iz (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
    http://hawaiianislandmusic.com/cgi-b...filiate=google
    I'd rate this one at least a 4. I love Iz's voice. Too bad that, like Eva Cassidy, he's no longer with us.
    (Iz made Ruben Studdard look positively svelte.)

htp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD
    Then there's "Facing Future" by Iz (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
    http://hawaiianislandmusic.com/cgi-b...filiate=google
    I'd rate this one at least a 4. I love Iz's voice. Too bad that, like Eva Cassidy, he's no longer with us.
    (Iz made Ruben Studdard look positively svelte.)
    Thanks for the link. I absolutely love his rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

I bought "Facing Future" five years ago and mentioned it on the "Obscure Artists" thread sometime back. I give it 5 stars...maybe it was because we were vacationing in Hawaii at the time, but there always seemed to be such a feeling of serenity while it was playing. Another artist with a truly "pure" voice.

Eva by Heart- Eva Cassidy (*****)
    I now have every Eva Cassidy CD ( that I know of)!
    Right now, this is my favourite one. A lot of my favourite songs from Songbird are from this album. (Songbird, Time is a Healer, and there is a different version of Wayfaring stanger on here)
    To any Eva fans who don't have this Cd, because you figured it was too close to Songbird I highly recommend it.
    The track 'Nightbird' alone is worth buying the whole album for in my opinion!! It's so gorgeous!
    I'll stop rambling now.

Oh, and yes eddiesleg, I'd definitely recommend American Tale, the new one. As I said, it isn't my personal favourite of all her albums, but as always, her voice is absolutely gorgeous, and there are some wonderful songs.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Fan
    I bought Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man this weekend...last one before this was Todd Snider's "New Connection".

Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man. 5 stars

I may buy Barbara's new album this weekend.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

the last cds i bought was....

KMFDM - WWIII <--- every good cd. 5 stars!

KMFDM - Adios 3 star

KMFDM - Retro 5 star

+ Reply to Thread