+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Dino - the essential Dean Martin - Platinum release - only reason I am buying it is because it has a second CD with the show from Lake tahoe live in 1962. I have all the songs otherwise.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

-"London Calling" by The Clash
    -"Kish Kash" by Basement Jaxx
    -"The Dresden Dolls" by The Dresden Dolls
    -"Closer" by Joy Division
    -"Never Mind the Bollocks..." by The Sex Pistols
    -The "Chicago" Soundtrack
    -"The Best of Blondie" by Blondie
    Wow, Jen, that's quite the little haul! I especially commend you on The Clash and the wonderful Joy Division. The Dresden Dolls crack me up.

I picked up the White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan yesterday. I really like it, and I'd recommend it if you like . . . um . . . underground rock mixed with backwoods country? You really have to hear it to understand.

latest

Hmm... my latest CD purchases definitely aren't something to be proud of but Britney Spears is kinda my listening guilty pleasure... her songs are so fun to sing and dance with!! I bought "Baby One More Time," "Oops... I Did It Again," and "Britney" used off Amazon and before that, I bought "Phantoms" by Acceptance. That album does not have a bad song on it!! I'm really enjoying my Britney, too, since I lost her first CDs (hence, the re-buying). oh baby, baby...

---> also had a listen to "Under The Cork Tree" by FoB and didn't enjoy it as much as their first, but wasn't bad. How is "Hot Fuss" anyway?
    Last edited by build_me_up; 06-10-2005 at 01:20 AM. Reason: questions...
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

I realized the other day that I couldn't even name the last CD I bought. If you're a music geek (albeit a constantly broke music geek), that's very bad news. So, I went out on a minor shopping spree this morning and picked up two CDs I've been eagerly awaiting: "Here Come the Tears" by The Tears - the new collaboration between former Suede members Brett Anderson and Bernard Butler - and Aimee Mann's latest CD "The Forgotten Arm". Seeing that Aimee Mann is one of my favourite singer/songwriter and taking into account my past as a massive Suede fan, I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't like what I hear. I've literally just returned from the record store, so I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet. I'll get back to you all when I do.

(For the record, after about five minutes I finally remembered the last CD I bought before these two. It was "Back to Me" by Kathleen Edwards. Great stuff.)
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

1. Weezer= Make Believe
    2. Sloan= A Sides Win
    3. Oasis= What's the Story Morning Glory?

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I bought the new Coldplay (X&Y) and the new Shins CD.

Now That's What I Call Music 18

I'm man enough to admit it.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Wow, Jen, that's quite the little haul! I especially commend you on The Clash and the wonderful Joy Division. The Dresden Dolls crack me up.

I picked up the White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan yesterday. I really like it, and I'd recommend it if you like . . . um . . . underground rock mixed with backwoods country? You really have to hear it to understand.
    That albulm is on my birthday wishlist...as well as many of the albums on my "Albums to Buy at Some Point in my Life" List.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

I got the new Blackeyed Peas
    Coldplay
    and Carrie Underwood's new single

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Snow Patrol's "Final Straw." Stupid name for a band, but I saw them on SNL a couple of months ago and liked what I heard. Love the CD -- reminds me of Pete Yorn, sort of hard poprock.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread