+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 95 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    strange, charliebug - but, i've been tempted here lately to buy kelly clarkson, too. lol
    What's happening to us?! Actually, thanks for posting that because I was worried about myself. My husband bought me Kelly's CD after I mentioned that I liked the "Since You've Been Gone" song on the radio. I had thought it was Avril Lavigne and was surprised to find out it was Kelly.

Wahrheit oder Pflicht - Oomph!

Yeah, the exclamation point is part of their name....anyway, the CD is good stuff. How did I ever get along without Oomph! as a part of my music collection? As is typical with me, Oomph! is a German band and so are their songs.
    Gustav Holst was right!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Jump and Jive with Hi-5 for my 6 year old (and trust me, the songs get stuck in your head for days!)

More German music:

Wer bist du? - Megaherz
    Weckt die Toten! - In Extremo

In Extremo sounds pretty funky, but that's not a bad thing. The songs on the Megaherz album remind me a lot of rap, but that album was their first and it isn't until more recently that the songs are melodic. It's still good stuff, though.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I finally got around to dropping 32 dollars on something I had been meaning to buy for quite a while: The RENT Soundtrack. It was definitely worth the money and I'm glad I finally went out and got it. (and could find it; we live in a part of North Carolina where all you have is Wal Mart to buy CD's and stuff at, unless you want to go to Virginia, which I did, because I wanted to buy the soundtrack.)

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    U2- War

****1/2.

It whoops a**. (not sure of cursing protocol on this forum.)
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Even MORE German music!

Ego - Oomph!
    Unrein - Oomph!
    Herzwerk II - Megaherz

All three rock, 'nuff said.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I just bought . . . wait for it . . . Moby's Hotel. And danged if it isn't one of the more enjoyable listens I've had in a while! I really like it.

The new Kaiser Chiefs album, Employment kicks much arse. The whole disc is solid, and only improves with more listens. Britpop is back!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Killers - Hot Fuss. It's been on my list for months and I finally went and got it.
    Also: Mind, Body & Soul - Joss Stone. Love her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread