+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

I jsut bouight Linkin Park and Jay Z's collision course album today...$25 ... :phhht felt a bit ripppppped off with only 6 tracks, but when i realized theres the DVD of the whole recording, then it's okay. i still haven't watched it yet though.

so far, i'm loving this album

4/5

bought 2 more CD"s today.

1. Bling Bling (collaboration of RnB and hip/hop) so-so
    2. NOw 57 (two-cd 43 tracks...) pretty good... i like colaborated CD's can get lots of variety in one

I seem to be busying a lot lately

bought Creed compilation CD
    Pre-ordered Taufik Batisah's CD (where I stand a chance to meet him )
    Bought 5 other CD's but as christmas gifts...just the usual Christmassssy sort of music :rolleyes (as i said "gifts" )

I bought:

Franz Ferdinand - Self Titled
    The Killers - Hot Fuss
    Green Day - American Idiot

I love all 3 but I can't put down the Green Day and Killers ones. Glad I got a lot of gift certificates for music stores this year.

1. Fantasia Borino (American Idol) (Christmas gift - I don't know what the title of the album is).

* (one star). Too bad because I really wanted this to be THE album of my collection. Her talents are wasted here.

2. Rupaul - Red Hot
    * (one star). Another too bad and this REALLY is too bad. Rupaul's previous albums were really great, especially Foxy Lady. This new album seems to suffer from the same problem as Fantasia's album - production values are virtually non-existant. That would explain why I found this relatively new album in the USED BIN.

3. Madonna - Vinyl remix, Love Profusion
    **** (four stars). Believe it or not the only negative thing I have to say about this remix is that the original version does not appear on it. I've loved this song since I've heard it on those commercials and the remixes didn't disappoint (ok, some of the remixes). I can't wait to hook up my new record player to my 500 watt 5.1 THX computer speakers because this is a song that needs to be blasted. Who knew that Madonna could still crank out some great songs (or song in this case)?

There's more but none worth mentioning. I would also like to take a moment to address the music industry. Except in certain cases (see # 3), quality music is virtually non-existant. Why? What's going on? Is this some sort of punishment for all that free music on the internet or have most of you music professionals forgotten how to make good music? Good music is no longer the norm but the exception or rarity and I for one am very disappointed. Oh and one more thing music industry.... :phhht

I bought myself two CDs two days ago:

Live Aus Berlin
    Reise, Reise

Both are by Rammstein. A friend of mine reminded me about how much I loved their song "Feuer Frei" a few years ago, so I decided to look for some other Rammstein songs online. And wouldn't ya know, I loved what I found, so much that I bought their 2001 album ("Mutter") for a friend for Christmas (but I burned a copy for myself - with her permission, of course ).

Anyway, I can't stop listening to LAB or RR (and I was listening to "Mutter" pretty obsessively last week). Some people might question my taste in music, but I think that the music by Rammstein is considerably better than a lot of the stuff that's on now. Though I don't understand German, I found translations online...but even if the translations suck, that's okay, because the music still sounds totally cool.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Oh, I like Rammstein a LOT, Haej. Nice choices.

My last few were:

U2, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb- 5 stars- a sound reminscent of the Joshua Tree and earlier

Jackson Browne, The Essential (double disc)- 5 stars- a must for all Jackson Browne fans and includes Load Out/ Stay (live)
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around

Santana - Shaman

Creed - Greatest Hits
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I actually stepped out of my comfort zone (which is about five feet around me) and went over to ebay to get Marshall Tucker. I lova lova lova Marshall Tucker. Some great memories from the 70s, can't you see?

+ Reply to Thread