+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Bought 4 recently:

John Mayer - heavier things (***) - Room for Squares is a much better CD

Martina McBride - Martina (*****) - she is awesome. For anyone with daughters, you must listen to "In My Daughter's Eyes" You'll turn to mush

Totally Country Volume 3 (****) - good mix of new country

CMT Most Wanted Volume 1 (***) - okay - a little blah, but some good songs.

As you can tell, I love country music

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp

As you can tell, I love country music
    Yep, I could tell
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

*last CD*

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]*The last CD I bought was "American Juniors" "Kids In America". I'd vote it a 10! I'm such a huge fan!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Pink]*Sam*

Evanescence - Fallen GREAT CD!!!!!, i recomend it to everbody!!!

I went shopping again today, and picked up:

Clay Aiken - Measure of a Man (*****) I can't help myself. He's got a great voice, and I'm fine with being one of three hard rockers who like Clay Aiken.

School of Rock Soundtrack (*****) This is a really cool compilation. Lots of classic/hard rock standards (The Who, Cream, Led Zep), and some good stuff from Jack Black. Of course I bought it!

Just bought Clay Aiken's new album, Measure Of A Man, and I love it! *****
    Especially the songs "Touch" (my favorite), "Run To Me," "The Way," "Invisible," "I Survived You," and "When You Say You Love Me."

Last album I bought before that was an album of folk songs, mostly maritime songs (traditional and new) sung and played by William Pitt & Felicia Dale (of the Vancouver, BC area). (One of the best songs is called "White Horses," written by Bryan Bedford, of the folk group "Artisan.")Instruments include hurdy-gurdy, guitar, mandolin, & others. Pitt & Dale are wonderful musicians. **** (because I'm not in love with every song on the album

I also bought Clay Aiken's CD "single" (This Is The Night & Bridge Over Troubled Water) when it came out in June. While I love Clay's voice & I love the way he performed BOTW on AI (May 20 & 21) and on the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon on Labor Day, I would give the CD only **** because RCA did a hurried & lousy job of sound mixing of BOTW on the CD (back up choir too loud) and because This Is The Night is IMO just OK as a song.

In May I bought an album of southern Italian mountain music by an Italian group (duo) now living in LA, called "Musicantica." They sing and play a variety of Italian folk instruments, including jaw harp, tambouritza, guitar-like string instruments, an Italian mountain country version of a washtub bass, etc., plus guitar & mandolin. I can't recall the album title offhand. (It's back home.) But I love these guys' music. ****

I forget which albums I've bought when, but not too long ago I bought (used) a copy of a bluegrass album by Old & In The Way (Jerry Garcia's group before The Grateful Dead). I LOVE this album! *****

The last album I bought before that was actually a 5-CD set. The online folk/blues "magazine" and forum/community www.mudcat.org put together 5 "Blue Plate Special" CDs, each containing 21-23 songs performed (and in some cases written) by "Mudcatters." While many of the performers are professional musicians, all the songs and the labor for production were donated; the CDs were produced and sold as a fundraiser to help keep the (nonprofit) website operating. I would give each of these CDs at least **** if for no other reason than the fact that with so many songs on each, if there are a handful I don't care a lot for, there are at least 12 or 13 songs I love!
    Although one of these CDs ("Strawberry") was written & performed by yours truly, I think the best album of the five is the one titled "Plum." My favorite cut is a song, "From The Heart," written & sung by British folksinger & guitarist Harvey Andrews ( http://www.harveyandrews.com/downloads.html ). He has one of the best voices I've ever heard. the "Blue Plate Special: Plum" Mudcat CD is definitely a *****!
    Last edited by Grisabella; 10-15-2003 at 08:39 AM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Went to the store yesterday.

Clay Aiken - Measure of a Man (5*)
    John Mayer - Heavier Things (3*) Room for Squares better
    Travis - 12 Memories (3*) Invisible Band much better
    Sting - Sacred Love (3-4*) only cause I love his voice, (he's really getting weird, lol) All this Time a far superior offering.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Went to the store on lunch and bought Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man. I absolutely love it.

I'm with you Mantenna about liking hard rock but also enjoying Clay Aiken. Apparently, the music critics think the two are mutually exclusive. Why can't I like Staind, Linkin Park, Disturbed and also Clay, haha ... cause I do!

There are plenty of us around that have pretty eclectic taste in music. The music industry better wake up and take notice that many of us cross musical genres routinely. There is always room for talented artists.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I'm leaving early for work and going to pick up Clay's new CD! YIPPY
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread