+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

Sounds great, Sleepy! I would love to go see Avenue Q, but for now the closest I can get is singing to myself while watching "Crank Yankers."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowy! Trust me, when it comes to SF I'll be first in line! This is actually the only Broadway soundtrack I own where I haven't seen the show first.

I always buy my CDs in bunches.. my last bunch was No Doubt's the Singles... Yellowcard - Ocean Aveune, and Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions... This is probably one of the few times I've enjoyed EVERY CD of the bunch... usually I come across one or two that is just, blah... I am also going to add Black Eyed Peas to my list of recommendations, it didn't come with this bunch, but I really like it...

This is going to be a long review of the CDs below... brace yourself

No Doubt's singles album is just a great collection of the best songs from the radio and videos.. you can hear a full spectrum of No Doubt and mesh it all together.. If you like No Doubt, you'd like this CD, real simple...

YellowCard's Ocean Ave is an excellent CD for me, I am not a big rocker, I used to really be into the R&B and hip hop thing, but I've always been one for good songs with good meaning.. Recently I've started shifting to like Evanesence and such.. and this Album was excellent! All the songs are well done, and its not screaming stuff that I don't care for...

Joss Stone and The Soul Sessions.. this is an album of ALL cover songs.. but whats really interesting is she did the american idol thing, and made them her own.. I think for a first album, it was a really gutsy thign to go and do all covers... but I think she's done pretty well.. her big single was Fell in Love with a Boy.. for those that don't know, its a cover from a White Stripes (a rock band) and she made the song into more of a sultry R&B song.. she worked with Angie Stone on this album big time, apparently she saw her talents as a singer and you can really tell Joss is workign the R&B spectrum despite her English background... Joss has had another less then stellar single Supa Dupa Love, but while it didn't hit the radio radar, I think its still a pretty good song... as is the rest of the CD.. I think people will be pleasantly surprised by this girls talent to shift and change old songs (and newer old songs) into something thats more about her and give it a different beat.. while some people knock her for not being creative, I think thats about the most unique thing I've heard in a long time, a debut album being all covers... I think it serves as a tease to when she will make her own album and songs and we will see how that goes..

Black Eyed Peas and Elephunk.. a Great Album for any hip-hop'er like me that likes the music that is jumpy and energetic and not always about poppin' gats and smoking weed and pimpin' hoes... It gets old after a while... at least for me.. With the band's new edition of Ferggie the latin female singer they have, this have given them the edge to step more into the pop realm and really get some much deserved Air-time.. with 4 BIG singles already released, Where is the Love, Shut Up, Hey Mama, and LEt's get it Started (Let's get Retarded).. There is no slowing down for this album.. its really an album of singles.. any one of the songs on there could be potentially released for air play on the radio I think.. its a good mix of energy and realism.. I personally predict the next single to be Labor Day (Celebrate), and was actually quite surprised by the release of Let's Get retarded, but not by the censorign of it and changing it to Let's get it started.. but whats funny is my best friend and cousin of mine said to me, this will be the next single, and I argued with her that its not PC.. she said they will just change it to something like Let's get it started, and I was like yea, they could I suppose.. about 2 weeks later ABC aired it's commerical for the Final four stuff featuring the song in its edited verison.. With the re-release of the CD with the both verisons of the latest single, the only complaint I have is I have the first verison of the CD and that many of the singles have been tweaked in some ways to be more radio-friendly, and I want those verisons since thats what I liked... While I don't know for sure if they put the radio verisons of Hey Mama and Where is the Love on the re-release, I do know Let's get it started was added for sure... so someone should let me know...
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I got two CD's on Friday.

Chevelle's newest, 'This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In.' Its a really good CD with loud songs and one or two soft ones. I haven't stopped listening to it since I got it. They are a really good band.

The second one I got was Seether's 'Disclaimer Part II' It has a few songs added like 'Broken' ft/ Amy Lee. Its another good CD, but not as good as I expected. I love a lot of songs on it, but there are a few I skip over, which I rarely do on CD's. But for 20 songs, you can't expect to love everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    Snowy! Trust me, when it comes to SF I'll be first in line! This is actually the only Broadway soundtrack I own where I haven't seen the show first.
    I might have to go out and get that, sleepy.

I bought the soundtrack to "Wicked" last week. I'm hoping to fly back out to NYC to see it in November.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

just bought Pug Jelly's new album "Motivation for getting up in the morning"

Nelly's Sweat and Suit

"Alphabetical"- Phoenix

I picked up a few:
    Basement Jaxx - Rooty & Kish Kash
    Paul Van Dyk - Re-Reflections
    A New Found Glory - Catalyst

incoming:
    Fatboy Slim - Palookaville
    Prodigy - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Joss Stone's new CD Mind Body and Soul just came out Tuesday... and it is phenomenal...

the Soul Sessions was such a great album of covers, but this original material is just amazing. Her voice has so much depth and emotion, it's hard to believe she is 17. And she wrote or co-wrote 12 of the songs... I can't tell you enough what an amazing album this is.... i definitely recommend it!
    "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all"- anonymous

+ Reply to Thread