+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

what I like about his voice in "the reason" is that it seems so-real, and pure, and not edited by fancy MTV-machinery, you know, not digitilized, like many singers. He's got qte a sincere sort of voice, which I like. Deep and sexy, defnitely

My latest CDs:

SnowflakeGirl's "Bitter" Mix: *****
    SnowflakeGirl's "Sweet" Mix: *****
    Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand: *****
    The Cure - The Cure: *****
    Depeche Mode - Black Celebration: *****
    My Bloody Valentine - Loveless: ****.5
    And yes, Ballentine - 4U: ****.5

All excellent stuff. Kudos, of course, to Snowy for her mixing mastery.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Ok....I broke down and bought the Usher cd. Its actually really good.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Recently picked up Five For Fighting's "The Battle For Everything" and I've really enjoyed it.

Most recent CDs I've bought are "Fallen" by Evanescene and "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. Ever since there was a big discussion on Pink Floyd in my English class, I was curious about the music so I bought the CD.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Nelly Furtado, "Folklore." Better than her first.

Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah!
    Most recent CDs I've bought are "Fallen" by Evanescene and "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. Ever since there was a big discussion on Pink Floyd in my English class, I was curious about the music so I bought the CD.
    Wow - I must be old. I can't imagine anyone not knowing about Pink Floyd! And, you were discussing it in English class?!? I musta' went to high school at the wrong time! Curious as to what you thought of the album (oops - I mean CD)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Pink Floyd was still a big thing when I was in high school in the late nineties.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    *cough* 70's chica. Dark side of the Moon is imprinted on the dark side of my brain.

I have listened to Pearl Jam - Live at Benaroya Hall since I bought it last week. Great stuff .

Let's see, I got a CD by new (to me anyway) Australian group Cut Copy, called Bright Like Neon Love. I'm liking it so far, it's electronica with some guitars for edge, more atmospheric than rocking. Imagine Daft Punk and Human League having a bastard child. However, I think most of the songs are "growers" (as in "grow on you") more than immediate hits. Though lyrics are not so much the focus here, I think it could benefit from stronger writing in this area, and since it's a debut I'll look forward to more from Cut Copy in the future.

I also got Carla Werner's Departure based solely on the fact that her vocals on Paul Oakenfold's "Southern Sun" gave me shimmering goosebumps of pleasure. I was actually a little disappointed at first to find that the style of her album was not what I expected--I was thinking along of lines of "Southern Sun's" trancey, trip hop--in fact, her own singing and songwriting is very different. As I listened more, I was pleasantly surprised to find that she is like the female reincarnation of the sublime Jeff Buckley. Her debut CD is beautiful, introspective, intimate--and, judging from the pictures, she's gorgeous too! So what's not to love?

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread