+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last CD you bought?

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her

Still haven't listened to the album in it's entirety but some of what I've heard is good. I don't think it's going to be as good as Stories, Desire or To Bring You My Love

Hopefully I'm wrong!
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Weezerx9, I love Franz Ferdinand!

And if your name is referencing what I think it is, I adore Weezer.
    yep my name is reference to weezer, theyre my favourite band , and the more i listen to franz ferdinand i can't figure out why i hadn't heard of them earlier. i've noticed that you like metric, the only song i've heard from them is 'combat baby', and its pretty good, can you recommend any others?
    "And I told Bill, if they move my desk again I'm going to quit. 'Cause my desk used to be near the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married..." - Milton, 'Office Space'

Weezer! That's awesome, we seem to share some musical interests! Seriously, Weezer is one of my all-time fave bands.

Metric is my new fave band of the moment. Anything from their new album is great: "Dead Disco," "Succexy," "The List," "IOU," or "Hustle Rose" are good ones to check out. But I also like their stuff from an older album Grow Up and Blow Away which has a bit less of that retro-new wave sound, but is lyrically still very sharp, maybe just a bit more, I don't know, emo or something. From that album, I love "Soft Rock Star" and "Raw Sugar."

Hey, do you like Belle & Sebastian? I loved Dear Catastrophe Waitress so I'm catching up on their older stuff. So I'm just now getting into songs from their CD, Tigermilk.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Def Leppard's Greatest Hits

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Weezer! That's awesome, we seem to share some musical interests! Seriously, Weezer is one of my all-time fave bands.

Metric is my new fave band of the moment. Anything from their new album is great: "Dead Disco," "Succexy," "The List," "IOU," or "Hustle Rose" are good ones to check out. But I also like their stuff from an older album Grow Up and Blow Away which has a bit less of that retro-new wave sound, but is lyrically still very sharp, maybe just a bit more, I don't know, emo or something. From that album, I love "Soft Rock Star" and "Raw Sugar."

Hey, do you like Belle & Sebastian? I loved Dear Catastrophe Waitress so I'm catching up on their older stuff. So I'm just now getting into songs from their CD, Tigermilk.
    man those songs by metric you reccomended are awesome. i really like 'the list' and 'succexy'. i have to say metric really reminds me of the yeah yeah yeahs, and thats a good thing.

unfortunately i never really got into belle & sebastian, thats definitely one band i'll have to go back to and check out more thoroughly.
    Last edited by weezerx9; 06-21-2004 at 01:13 AM.
    "And I told Bill, if they move my desk again I'm going to quit. 'Cause my desk used to be near the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married..." - Milton, 'Office Space'

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    History of Rock - KR (shocker!)

Anyone know where I can get an out of print copy of KR's Polyfusion? They go for at least $75 on ebay, and the last one I saw on KR's site went for $250. Any suggestions?

Jay
    I bought Matt Dusk's debut CD. The best track is "Five".

Greatest Hits - Frank Sinatra
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Three, at the same time...

Original Broadway Cast Recording - "Seussical"
    Original Broadway Cast Recording - "Hairspray"
    Hoobastank - "The Reason"
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

The new Sara Evans cd, I can't remember the name of it
    and Martina McBride's Emotion.

+ Reply to Thread