+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite One Hit Wonder Song?

Come On Eileen for sure. Is there anyone that doesn't like that song?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    I love one-hit wonder AM radio songs from the 70's

Chevy Van - Sammy Johns
    Alone Again Naturally - Gilbert O'Sullivan
    I Go Crazy - Paul Davis
    One Tin Soldier - Coven
    Reflections of My Life - Marmelade
    98.6 - Keith
    Morning Girl - Neon Philharmonic

There are so, so many

A few of mine:
    Can't remember all the artist names.

It's Raining Men
    Take On Me - Aha!
    Black Velvet- Alanah Myles
    Right Back Where We Started From - Maxine Nightingale
    Play That Funky Music, White Boy

I saw a thing on MTV or E!, I think, about one hit wonders, and they said the reasong "It's Raining Men" was the only hit for the two women who sang it was that TPTB didn't think their image was right. They were both very 'large' women. In fact when they made the video they had a couple of model types lip sync to the recording instead of videoing the actual singers!
    I love that song!

There's also a very old novelty song from the 1950s that I love. It's called
    "Beep Beep," and it's about a little Nash Rambler racing with and finally passing a Cadillac. I cannot remember the name of the 2 guys who sang it, but I always get a kick out of it when I hear it (which is maybe once every 5 years).

Black Velvet. Ugh. I hate that song.

Alannah Myles had a bunch of hits here in Canada and none of them were very good. I never understood why Black Velvet was so popular.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Black Velvet. Ugh. I hate that song.

Alannah Myles had a bunch of hits here in Canada and none of them were very good. I never understood why Black Velvet was so popular.
    Because its about Elvis of course. And she looked darn good in that leather outfit in the video. LOL

FORT Fogey
    I liked (not loved) - "Kiss Me" by Six Pence None the Richer.

Well, I liked it maybe the first 1,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000, times I heard it on the radio.

Then I got tired of it.

The band actually had a couple of other minor hits with "There She Goes" and "I Breath Your Name", so they aren't quite a one-hit-wonder. But awfully close.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesleg
    Hit 'Em Up Style - Blue Cantrell
    Ooo, I really liked that song, especially the lyrics lol!

I like Fill Me In by Craig David. He had a few other songs, but that was probably the most popular. But his songs aren't played very often

One of my absolute favorites was Picture Perfect by Angela Via, it wasn't really a hit though, actually I think I only heard it once on the radio and once during a show (it was in the background). It was very underrated. I really loved that song. (I burned it to a cd, sshhh lol)
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD
    It's Raining Men

I saw a thing on MTV or E!, I think, about one hit wonders, and they said the reasong "It's Raining Men" was the only hit for the two women who sang it was that TPTB didn't think their image was right. They were both very 'large' women. In fact when they made the video they had a couple of model types lip sync to the recording instead of videoing the actual singers!
    I love that song!
    The Weather Girls are the women behind It's Raining Men. I'm pretty sure that they ended up redoing the video as well cause the one that I saw last time there was a one hit wonder song special was with the two large black women.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    The Weather Girls are the women behind It's Raining Men. I'm pretty sure that they ended up redoing the video as well cause the one that I saw last time there was a one hit wonder song special was with the two large black women.
    The video I remember is with the real Weather Girls too. Just as you describe them.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Martha Wash of the Weather Girls sang on several dance songs of the early-mid 90s and had to sue for credit on those songs. Some were "Everybody Everybody" and "Strike it Up" by Black Box and Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) by C&C Music Factory. She has a powerful, unique voice that made those songs.

The song "Its Raining Men" was co-written by Paul Shaffer (from Letterman).
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread