+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite One Hit Wonder Song?

Andy Kim doing Rock Me Gently....it's an old old song.

Love the Proclaimers song (I would walk 500 miles)

Also like the Breakfast at Tiffany's song but I have no idea who does it and if it is a one hit wonder.

Hey Mickey by Toni Basil. and Take on Me by Aha....at least I can't think of any other Aha songs.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I have a rough time cause I used to be sort of a collector when it comes to music. When I'd find something I liked by a band I'd hit the used record stores and get all their albums trying to find similar music that I might like as well. Scritti is my big one of this list, I have every album so to me there's SO many more songs that it's rough for me to see them as a one hit wonder. (another reason why I cringe seeing Bow Wow Wow as a one hitter, they were one of my favorite collections)

There's another really offbeat song that I got on an extended compilation album that I really liked called Menage A Trois done by K.Ram....I had never heard of them before or since, but here it is on my double vinyl still in great shape.

One more as well while I'm thinking about it is The Honeythief by Hipsway.
    Yes! Love The Honeythief! I think Perfect Way was Scritti's only hit in the US, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I will agree that some one hit wonders have some really good other songs. For instance, Mr. Mister's album with Kyrie and Broken Wings, can't think of the name of it, that whole album is awesome! Also Go West, they had some good songs too that were never released, at least in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by sinclair
    lobeck...Swing Out Sister always makes me think of Basia -- I always thought that Corinne Drewery and Basia had (have) similar sounding voices. Or it could be that they both had songs out around the same time
    Oooh, Basia...another of my favorites...

Who did that song in the late 80's/early 90's called "Walk Like a Dinosaur"? I thought that song was so funny.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Who did that song in the late 80's/early 90's called "Walk Like a Dinosaur"? I thought that song was so funny.
    Was Not Was and it was "Walk The Dinosaur"

Oooh...another good one...

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Was Not Was and it was "Walk The Dinosaur"

Thanks! That song used to crack me up. I knew all the lyrics back in the day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Thanks! That song used to crack me up. I knew all the lyrics back in the day.
    It is funny, that one and "Doin' the Butt"

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugh , I hate "doin' The Butt" that songs rubs me the wrong way! lol

I like "What is Love" by Haddaway...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Yes! Love The Honeythief! I think Perfect Way was Scritti's only hit in the US, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I will agree that some one hit wonders have some really good other songs. For instance, Mr. Mister's album with Kyrie and Broken Wings, can't think of the name of it, that whole album is awesome! Also Go West, they had some good songs too that were never released, at least in the US.
    I think Perfect Way was karna, although I do remember seeing a video for Scritti's song Woodbeez once or twice upon a time as well. And totally agreed, Go West had some great music (have all those too LOL), I think they had what? Maybe 2 or 3 songs that were popular here...King of Wishful Thinking, We Close Our Eyes, and something else that is escaping me right now.

By the way colby...you go boy!! I was having a rough time coming up with Tracey Ullman's name even though I could picture the entire video in my head.

Did Squeeze ever have anything that was popular besides Tempted (by the fruit of another)? That and the song The Myth (Romeo in black jeans is what it was better known by in my circle, by I think it was Michael Penn, I know it was a relation of the Penn brothers) were both really popular when I was in college and I don't remember anything else by the performers.

+ Reply to Thread