+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite One Hit Wonder Song?

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    We were watching old video tape the other day and my then 3 yr old daughter (now 12) was singing "We had joy we had fun we had season's in the sun"

It was too darn cute. I like that one too
    Too cute Cali! My 3 year old sings "You Spin Me 'Round" whenever I watch "The Wedding Singer" and in the car yesterday he was singing "Bad Boys" by Miami Sound Machine, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    It's "Don't Wanna Fall In Love"

I think my fave would have to be "Perfect Way" by Scritti Politti. I know there are others but that's one that comes to mind.
    Oh...my...God! Took the words right out of my mouth!! You are right on, karna bayby! Both songs are muy excellente!
    Last edited by Shazzer; 10-06-2003 at 04:39 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    It's strange to see the likes of Soft Cell, Scritti Politti, Talk Talk and Dexy's listed here as they all had several hits in the UK.
    I have a rough time cause I used to be sort of a collector when it comes to music. When I'd find something I liked by a band I'd hit the used record stores and get all their albums trying to find similar music that I might like as well. Scritti is my big one of this list, I have every album so to me there's SO many more songs that it's rough for me to see them as a one hit wonder. (another reason why I cringe seeing Bow Wow Wow as a one hitter, they were one of my favorite collections)

There's another really offbeat song that I got on an extended compilation album that I really liked called Menage A Trois done by K.Ram....I had never heard of them before or since, but here it is on my double vinyl still in great shape.

One more as well while I'm thinking about it is The Honeythief by Hipsway.

All-Time favorite is easily "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" by Vicki Lawrence but I also loved "Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band or something like that. "Skyrockets in flight, Afternoon Delight!"

Anyone recognize these lyrics: "They don't know about us 'cuz they've never heard of love"? I think that's how it goes. It's by a girl group... probably '80's. I've been trying to figure out who sang it for a couple of weeks now. Bangles, Banarama, The GoGo's? Now I'm thinking... possibly a one hit wonder?

Tracey Ullman sang it actually. It's called "They Don't Know" I love that song!

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Oh, and Sinclair, Swing Out Sister is awesome! They had a couple of hits, but "Breakout" was what definitely put them on the map.
    lobeck...Swing Out Sister always makes me think of Basia -- I always thought that Corinne Drewery and Basia had (have) similar sounding voices. Or it could be that they both had songs out around the same time

I noticed in the "Song Title Relations" thread that one of your "answers" was "Goodbye To You" by Scandal... love that song.

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Tracey Ullman sang it actually. It's called "They Don't Know" I love that song!

OMG... that's right!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! colby_d, you're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Yeah I don't think Devo was really a one hit wonder either.
    Eh, I wasn't too sure about putting that one down either, but it was listed on a website filled with one-hit wonders from the 50s to the 90s. Plus, hits are regional, for sure.

Total Coelo-I Eat Cannibals
    Sly Fox-Let's Go All The Way
    Farm-Groovy Train

+ Reply to Thread