+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you musical?

I'm a pretty good singer and I play clarinet and piano. Well, used to play clarinet.

Not gifted by any means.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I really wish I could sing. I can hit about 2 or 3 notes pretty well. That makes me the modern-day equivalent of Rex Harrison.

I played clarinet pretty well in high school, but I didn't have "natural ability." I'd also love to be able to play the piano and the guitar. I totally flailed trying to learn the violin, though, so I don't have confidence I could do well with a guitar.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I took piano lessons for 9 years, but that ended eons ago. Of course, now I wish I had kept up with it. I can still read music and can figure out a piece if you place it on the piano in front of me, but it might take quite a while to get it right...

Oh, and I don't know that I'm all that good, but I do love to sing...heh heh...

Paulie! Hey with a voice like that you'd definitely succeed in the rap world.

Honestly, guitar, imo, is not that hard. Or maybe I'm just one of those people it comes naturally to.

Accoustic Guitar since I was about 12 and piano at age 40 both self-taught.

Bon vivant-it sounds cool Samurai Ranger's Avatar
    Music's MY BAG, BABY!
    My main instrument is keyboards, but I can play passably on other instruments, such as guitar and bass. Those came pretty easy to me, but what I'm most proud of is how I diligently trained my singing voice (which at one time seemed wimpy and HOPELESS) so that it's now reasonably strong and versatile.
    I have a TASCAM multi-track tape deck with which I record stuff I've written.
    I've played in bands in the past, but currently I'm looking for a "job-job type job," (casualty of the recession), and once I'm again gainfully employed, I'm going to get back into gigging and other musical pursuits.

JR.
    Originally posted by Samurai Ranger

I've played in bands in the past, but currently I'm looking for a "job-job type job," (casualty of the recession), and once I'm again gainfully employed, I'm going to get back into gigging and other musical pursuits.
    It's too bad that it's so tough to make a living by playing. I'd be thrilled to just make a normal living through gigs.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I played alto saxophone from 8th grade through my first two years of college. I played sousaphone one year and marching trombone. I was in marching band, pep band, symphonic band, and jazz band. Loved it. Miss playing regularly. Now I just pull the sax out once a year or so, blow my lip in 15 minutes, and put it away. Our church band would love a sax player, but I don't have the time to commit to getting my chops back in shape and attending rehearsals a couple times a week.

The reason I played sax is because I think my voice is horrible and that way I couldn't sing. Oh, and I dug the Pink Panther.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12