+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: VMA's - Anyone Watching?

VMA's - Anyone Watching?

So far it's Christina and Britney singing Madonna's Like A Virgin dressed as brides.

Madonna just emerged from a cake dressed as a groom.

At least there is no sign of J-Lo.

Yea I saw the opening act. LOL. Nice kissing.

They're gonna replay that thing all weekend.
    Who shot who in the what now?

And throughout the next year.

Chris Rock has been pretty good so far. I love him.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    CHRIS ROCK ROCKS!

The highlights for me have been Chris Rock's monologue and Jack Black's appearance

Surprisingly, I LIKED the opening number with Christina, Britney, and Modonna... I thought it was shocking and kind of fun to watch

FORT Fogey
    BEYONCE ROCKS!

Tied with the most wins, along with Justin. T and Coldplay, Bee is doing her thing!

And that performance was great!

The dress was nice, but her hair was outta control IMO lol

The opening number was great and as a full blooded American male, I loved the kiss between Madonna & Britney

Chris Rock's opening monologue was perfect. It had a great edge to it, capped off with the R. Kelly & Olson Twins joke!

It was a shame that they ruined Duran Duran's tribute, but I guess they were surprised at getting the award, but the producers blew it big time. I'm going to see Duran Duran on Sept 20th at the KROQ Inland Invasion III, along with The Cure and many more top 80's bands and some new ones.

All in all a pretty good awards show. I will have to archive it to tape.

Chris

Here are pics of Madonna kissing Britney and Christina:

Anyway, I didn't really like the show, compared to last year.

And was it just me, or was there another kissing thing? - Did Good Charlotte's Benji (The lead singer's twin brother w/ the guitar) kiss Billy (the guy on guitar)? (Or was it Paul?)

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I'm going to watch it tonight.

Oh man, did they kissed?
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    It was a shame that they ruined Duran Duran's tribute, but I guess they were surprised at getting the award, but the producers blew it big time. I'm going to see Duran Duran on Sept 20th at the KROQ Inland Invasion III, along with The Cure and many more top 80's bands and some new ones.

Chris you don't know the amount of jealousy that I have over that show it sounds FANTASTIC but is just on the wrong coast for me *sigh!* I was a good little Duran fan last night and sat thru the entire VMA's just to see them present and it was a nice surprise that they were finally presented with an award for what they are really known for, making before their time videos and making them very well.

This was the first time in many many years that I've actually watched the full show for the VMA's and it wasn't as bad as I remember it the last time I attempted. The one thing that still bothers me tho is something about how it's filmed, I'm not sure how to explain it but it never seems to look right to me, always in slow motion or a little bit behind or something.

I liked the opening too with Madonna and Britney (I don't care about Christina), the kissing thing was kind of wild! It's too bad that Kelly Osbourne took most of the mic time when she was with Duran Duran. I think she's so ugly and have no idea how anyone could like this family except for Sharon, she's the most "normal". Bands today IMO are too friggin' crazy and they almost all look like $hit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast