+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VMA's - Anyone Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    And was it just me, or was there another kissing thing? - Did Good Charlotte's Benji (The lead singer's twin brother w/ the guitar) kiss Billy (the guy on guitar)? (Or was it Paul?)
    Yes, he did! Crazzay Benji!!!

I liked the show, Chris Rock was alright.
    The Metallica medley was incredible!
    The White Stripes got screwed!
    Duran Duran are going to have a new cd
    Am I the only one who's sick and tired of freggin Justin Timberlake?!?
    Shoo!!!
    I now have the 50 cent song stuck in my head, again.
    Did anyone see Justin's face when Brit kissed Madonna? Priceless :

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't like the film feel either. I'm not really sure whether its the real show or a movie parody.

I would have loved to see Metallica do more than 90 second medley . Was I mistaken or was it a bit more kinder and gentler Metallica that showed up?

Kelly Clarkson looked horrible. Satin skirt and big hips do not go together.

Jack Black dressed like a fat even more freaky Micheal Jackson accepting the best genius award had me with tears in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I would have loved to see Metallica do more than 90 second medley . Was I mistaken or was it a bit more kinder and gentler Metallica that showed up?
    Sure, since they went thru rehab!

Chris

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It was only Hetfield that went thru rehab.

Lars and Kirk may still hark back to the days of AlcoholicA. The new guy used to belong to Ozzie .
    I think it was Hetfield being a bit less intense.Or the new guy and Kirk not gelling.Couldn't quite put my finger on it. I would have liked to see them let loose on a full out medley.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    It was only Hetfield that went thru rehab.

Lars and Kirk may still hark back to the days of AlcoholicA. The new guy used to belong to Ozzie .
    I think it was Hetfield being a bit less intense.Or the new guy and Kirk not gelling.Couldn't quite put my finger on it. I would have liked to see them let loose on a full out medley.
    I agree...they kept zooming in on them in the audience and they were always laughing. They seemed more, oh..I don't know...happy or something.

I would have loved to have seen them do more than a 90 second medley. They said they would have added the Red Hot Chili Peppers, more Nirvana, and others that I just can't think of right now. But that would have been cool.

Ditto on laughing at the Jack Black skit. Although, I have to say that last year, when they gave that "award" to Michael Jackson, I wouldn't have known it was supposed to be "fake" until MTV made fun of him afterwards. It was an odd thing, I thought.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Beyonce was definately the highlight for me! That performance was off the hook! It just lets everyone know theres big things from Beyonce in the future.

The show was good, a little slow, but the performances were hot and Coldplay was just awesome!

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Here are pics of Madonna kissing Britney and Christina:

Ahhh yes my favorite pictures!!!!

lol
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

I'm trying to download Beyonce's performance, but the only one anyone has from the '03 VMAs is the Madonna/Britney/Christina one.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I think that the best performance for this year's VMA is definitely "Like A Virgin/Hollywood" by Madonna, Missy Elliott, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. (The most gossip one, too)

Beyonce was pretty nice, but she did not sing much, cause she was busy dancing, and I think that wasn't nice. I would like if she SING and DANCE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    The kiss? Eh. Ploy. They'll have to *yawn* raise the bar each year to keep the "interest". Eventually, she'll have to eat a live chicken on stage just to up that "shock" *yawn* factor.
    Didn't Ozzy Bite heads off of bats on stage DECADES ago?
    Its marketing pure and simple.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast