+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VMA's - Anyone Watching?

Duran Duran got screwed, but it was nice to see them win an award.

Britney does nothing for me, so I can't say I enjoyed her opening with Madonna and Christina.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    DD looked so confused and it was totally screwed up, but John Taylor is still hot.

I didn't see the show. How did Duran Duran get screwed?

a kiss is still a kiss, but man, I'm sorry Christina can sing and is soooo sexier than Ditzney! Madonna will always be the Sexiest pop singer ever! :cool:

Amanda - they had some sort of montage planned for them, but there was no sound. So out of nowhere, they bring out some supposedly lifetime achievement awards with absolutely no fanfare.

Plus they had to 'present' an award with Kelly Osbourne and Avril Lavigne and Kelly didn't shut up.

And yes, John Taylor will always be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    The one thing that still bothers me tho is something about how it's filmed, I'm not sure how to explain it but it never seems to look right to me, always in slow motion or a little bit behind or something.
    I believe they started that last year. I think for one thing it's filmed on film, to give it that cinematic effect. It's totally done for the young people watching, so that they feel drunk and happy when they are watching the awards!

Chris

I also don't like the way they use film for the show. It never feels "live" then, and I like knowing it's live.

The kiss? Eh. Ploy. They'll have to *yawn* raise the bar each year to keep the "interest". Eventually, she'll have to eat a live chicken on stage just to up that "shock" *yawn* factor.

Beyonce was amazing. Those dancers were great! I just loved her whole performance...it was stellar. Those dance steps are just fantastico IMHO.

Chris Rock....he's a bit scary/harsh with his comments. What I would love would be someone with a witty rebuttal, i.e. cleverness on the fly, a "take that" type of comment, rather than these canned speeches. :rolleyes Why is everyone afraid to spar with Chris?

I like to tape it and then skim through all the bleh stuff.

Metallica playing Nirvana, Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravits, and the like? Really cool. From what they said off stage, it sounded like they had only 90 seconds to compile a tribute to the last 20 plus years of MTV. I wish they’d had longer.

And Coldplay!! I'm soooo happy they won an award...they always make fantastic videos...the kind you always used to end up watching over and over again "back in the day" when MTV still played videos. Loved the live performance, and his touching and grateful thank you speech.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 08-29-2003 at 12:31 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I LMAO during the Adam Sandler Snoop Dogg "FO SHIZZLE M'NIZZLE dialogue

Snopp is the man!!

And Chris Rock is the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    DD looked so confused and it was totally screwed up, but John Taylor is still hot.
    Hey there Marybeth!
    John looked good but I find Roger the HOT one now!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Christina looked very sexy with her long black hair...

Love Metallica ...

Loved Snoop and Adam Sandler

Chris Rock is the best!

Beyonce was stunning...

kelly CLarkson was dressed like a school teacher

Viveca A. Fox looked Fab

I was hoping the White Stripes would win something..I love that song and Video for 7 nation army

I still could marry John Taylor for Duran Duran ...Nick Rhodes looks like a sad old woman.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast