+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Everybody is going to see Tori except me.

But, cool! Have a good time Jill.

FORT Fanatic
    She's not coming through your area this year? She's got a big tour planned from what I can see.

Uh, no. She's not. Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver- those are her stops in Canada and I'm in none of those places.

that really sucks, ducky. i guess i'm pretty fortunate in that aspect. i am within a few hours of detroit, chicago, indianapolis, columbus and within a few mins of toledo... i just wish we had the money to go see her in all of those places!! i did finally end up selling the tix on ebay. so, that's good. now, i just have to wait patiently for the 11th...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Hi, fellow Tori-philes!

I'm so pleased to have just found this thread, as I've been a big Tori fan since, geez, I was just a tender teenager who saw the "Silent All These Years" video on MTV late one night over a decade ago. I think that for her fans Tori is such a special artist unlike any other, in that her music gets inextricably and magically intertwined with the personal lives of those who love her.

I've been very fortunate to have seen her live several times, and have many great stories and misadventures (like crashing the afterparty of the UTP tour-the closest I got to meeting her that time was talking to her manager's mom!). I didn't meet my husband as a result of Tori, but it is the reason I bonded with my best friend of the last 12 yrs, nicest guy in the whole world & guru of all things Tori. Now that we're adults, he's actually met and interacts with her often when she's here in town as a result of his job, and she is just the nicest and most spiritually uplifting person you could ever encounter. For the SLG tour she actually put us on her guest list (ok, he was on the list, and I was "+ guest) so we got sit 6th row for better than free--it was from Tori herself! Even now that we're "grown-up" (I use the term loosely ) this was one of best moments of our lives--like being touched by a goddess. She even put him on the guest list again for her last tour, but I couldn't go this time b/c of an injury that has me relegated to bedrest!

Anyway, thanks for sharing this Tori-moment with me. It's been nice to look back on such lovely memories. Blessings to all of you!

Well, I found the secret to life/I found the secret to life/I'm okay when everything is not okay.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

hi snowflake. i'm glad you found this thread, too. i was starting to think there really were only 3 tori fans at the fort!

so, what does your friend do that he gets the opportunity to do all of these things? when you went as his guest, did you get to meet her? or just talk to the manager's mom?

are you going or have you gone to any of the shows this time around?

god! listen to me... i sound like a kid on christmas. i'm getting a little overly excited about the show in... 11 DAYS!!! my hubby took the day off of work, so we're going to get to the meet and greet early and hopefully get something signed this time.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

My friend works in fashion out here in Hollywood, and Tori happens to love the clothes where he works. Virtually every time she's in town for a tour or appearance she goes by to check out what's new. It's a very tony boutique, so my friend actually sees a lot of celebs every day. Living in LA we all get used to seeing "stars" all over the place--and sometimes meeting your fave idol can be disappointing. But Tori, and he's seen her a dozen or so times now, is just the way every fan imagines her to be: sweet, loopy, earthy, and really, genuinely loving to her fans. I can remember clear as day the first time she came by his store, b/c right afterwards there was his voice, screaming in my cell phone for joy. Subsequently, she always comes by the shop, and always remembers him by name. The other year, when she was on tour for SLG, she asked him, "Are you going to my show" and he told her no--the thing sold out in a nanosecond. So she put him on the list. When we showed up we were deliriously excited (remember we've been fans since we were giddy teens)--but also nervous. Would she really remember to put us on the list? We were hesitant even just to walk up to the box office, but miraculously, we were on the list, and they handed us 6th row tix. The last time she was in town for tour, a couple of months ago I think, she asked my friend again, and put him on the list again, and of course he asked me again (I am his Tori perma-date!) but as I mentioned, I've been injured and unable to go anywhere. Let me tell you, I was sooooo sad to have to say no. Nevertheless, my friend called me from his cell phone so I could still hear "the Goddess" live.

I haven't been lucky enough to meet her myself, but as you can see my friend graciously shares as much of Tori with me as he can (now that's what I call a best friend!). We've been fans of hers and going to see her live for over a decade, I've lost track of how many times I've seen her perform. We've even gone to see her at tapings for the Tonight Show. The story of us crashing the UTP after-party is funny, b/c we were so young then (I was, maybe 17?). My friend got us backstage to that show b/c he was dating someone in the music biz at that time. I was so hoping to meet her, but we never saw her the whole night. I grazed at the hors d'oeuvre table instead, and chatted up her accountant and Mrs. Spivak, an extremely nice lady, who turned out to be her manager's mom! She (along with her husband) professed to being a Tori fan herself. I had a great time anyway, despite not meeting her, b/c the crowd there was much nicer than the typical sleazy post-concert hangers-on.

I don't know if this is going to sound silly, but it just seems to me that anything related to or surrounding Tori is good and decent and kind and magical. It goes beyond her music. I think if the whole world was made up of Tori fans the world would be a better place, and we wouldn't be experiencing the kind of turmoil we're in now.

Have a great time at the concert, BP!

BTW, if anyone gets information on her DVD video collection (which was put on indefinite hold last I heard) PLEASE, PLEASE post it. My old tape's getting rundown, it's about time we had all her videos on DVD.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hey, welcome Snowflake!

Kickass stories. That's awesome. I don't really have much more to say, but I am so jealous. You're so lucky!

thanks, snowflake. great stories, btw. i'm hoping to come back from the meet and greet/concert with some stories of my own! i'm starting to get really excited!! i've only seen her twice before: once in indy for the 51/2 weeks thing with alanis, and then in november for the first leg of scarlet's walk. nov. was the first time i'd ever attempted a m&g. we're both really looking forward to spending the day standing in the cold hoping for a chance to meet the goddess. and, you're right. the dvd needs to hurry up and come out! i've got le and the complete vids, but need something newer! i just love the jupiter video. do you ever check out the dent?

The Dent - I would if I could figure it out.

How was the concert??

+ Reply to Thread