+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

FORT Fanatic
    hey Tori fans!

I saw Tori live in Seattle a few years ago. Absolute perfection.

Does anyone have the Y Kant Tori Read music? I had it on mp3 but had a computer crash and lost it. Anyone know where it is available?

Also I am wondering where those covers of "Thunder Road" and "I'm on Fire" came from. Sounds like they are live - anyone know?

I have Cool On Your Island, Etienne and Floating City. You should check Kazaa or WinMX.

I'm On Fire- found on a bunch of bootlegs, and she performed it live on VH1 Storytellers.

Tunder Road- Tori did a radio interview for WDRE (92.7FM) in Long Island on February 5, 1996. During the interview, Tori performed a portion of Bruce Springsteen's Thunder Road. It's also on a bootleg.

Ooh. Also, BP, let us know how the ticket-getting went!

i have everything from y kant tori read. found them all on winmx and made my own little cd. so, they're all out there. it is really good; i don't understand what tori didn't like about it, really. except for the image part, maybe. ??? when i saw her nov 29 in chicago, she actually ended the last encore with etienne.

presales started yesterday at 10am and we did ok. tori always faces the same way onstage, so you want to have the right section of the theater. our first try, we came up with row3 all the way to the left... aaarrrggghhh.

so, we kept trying, hoping to get something on the right, but there were NO right theater seats available. i think they're holding them for the general sale tomorrow morning. we ended up taking 11th row center aisle. but, i'm going to check tomorrow to see if we can do better.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Cool, BP! I'm so jealous, 11th row, cool. You must let us know how it goes!

I know the feeling though, when I was trying to buy seats next to the Avs bench I could only get next to the Oilers bench, and... yeah.

I think Y Kant Tori Read was ok. It was very 80s.

yeah, the whole ticketmaster thing was just soooooo frustrating!

hmm. i really like yktr. i don't think it sounds very 80s at all. but, that's just me. now, if you look at her pics or the videos from then, yeah, one would have no choice but to get the 80s feel. but, if you just listen to the music and think tori - it's really not that far from caught a light sneeze or any of her music that has that sort of "poppy" feel to it. at least, i don't think. i guess i just love everything tori...

but, yeah... hubby and i are really excited for this concert. when we went to chicago, we went for the whole weekend and traffic and everything was such a mess - imagine downtown chicago on thanksgiving weekend...nightmare!! so, toledo is only like 20 mins from our home, so it's going to be much closer and a lot less expensive. we're going to try and get to the meet and greet before the show, too.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

That's a good idea.

Floating City? Way 80s! I think the stuff is cute, though.

well, it's definitely not as deep as her solo stuff, but i do see the same style in alot of the songs on yktr. and, hey...there was a lot of good shit in the '80s!

oh! oh! you are not gonna believe this!!! got on for the general sale this morning and got pit tickets - sent it through and damn ticketmaster says "there has been an error processing your request"...

then, i'm on the phone with them for 45 minutes long distance trying to figure out if i've been charged or not (i wasn't) so, i got back on and got 3rd row all the way to the right of right center. still wasn't that pleased, so searched again just to see what'd i'd end up with and i got the most awesome seats!!! they're in the first row!! in the middle of the right center section!!!

i'm so excited! can hardly wait... now, we've got 3 sets of tickets! needless to say, i had a bit of explaining to do today when the hubby got home from work.

Haha, that's cool though BP! Scalp them!

+ Reply to Thread