+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori Amos

Hey duckgirl, u should appreciate this, I'm buying 5 of her latest as holiday presents for my friends who NEED to add it to their collection.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

Oooh, good job. HMV had a sale where you could get 3 CDs for $33, and I got LE, UTP and FTCGH and then also got BFP for another $15 for a friend who didn't have any.

hmm... i finally found a tori thread in here. color me impressed. i have been completely smitten with tori for years, and in fact, if it weren't for her, i would never have met my husband. i've seen her twice. in indianapolis in '99 and then in chicago on nov. 29. we are going to go march 11 and see her in toledo. i actually got within about 3 inches of her at the meet and greet in chicago, and i gave her a letter telling her how my husband and i met. i was able to get a couple of pictures of her, too. it was so incredible. anyway, i just wanted to say "hi". oh, and don't hate me for the hockey post, ducky... it was, afterall, john's idea. lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I don't hate you, BP, because John put you up to it.

Tori kicks serious ass. I haven't gotten to see her live, and I probably never will. Well, not on this tour anyway. But hello! She's great, isn't she?

I'm an evil admin.

Oh yeah, Tori, uh, rocks. Although I can't say I've ever heard a single song she sings.

You're the evillest admin ever. Except for a couple I could run off.

Tori does rock. I'm not surprised you haven't heard her, she's not exactly guy-stream (though guys do listen to her).

yeah, guys definitely listen. it just takes someone truly unique to appreciate and above all understand tori's music. my husband is a huge fan, and as i said, if it weren't for our mutual love of tori we would have never even met.
    thanks, ducky for not "killing" me... lol john is a riot... i don't think he thought i would actually go and do that! anyway, tori is awesome live. you would not believe. the show in chicago back in november was incredible. the entire theatre only seated a little over 3,000 people, and my husband and i were lucky enough to get 6th row seats. you could literally see her sweat. and, the meet and greet was indescribable. she is so tiny! i was so happy to find a tori thread here... although it took me awhile. i am having a really great time with this site. but, ducky, tell me some "tori tales", favorites, thoughts, whatever.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I don't really have any! I have all of her b-sides downloaded though, I went on a spree one day. I just think she's got incredible talent and her songs kick serious booty. Plus, she's really pretty.

And I'm soo jealous. 6th row! Hmph.

it was definitely memorable. i don't know that i could pick any favorites of hers either. i have almost all of her stuff. actually, i must admit, i am a bit obsessive about her: tori calendar, tori mousepad, tori bumper stickers, tori screensaver, all of her us cd's and a couple of imports, a couple of her videos, and books... i could go on and on.... i just love anything and everything that is tori. and, yeah, she is incredibly beautiful. i was within just a few inches of her, and she just radiates. and, she is so "real".

hey broken, spill it! i want to hear how you and your husband met!

+ Reply to Thread