+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Tori Amos

where IS everyone??? i expected someone to ooh and ahh over my pics by now? do i need to go over to the hockey thread and post something about the avs???
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

OOH AH OH!!! I love them, BP!!! I'm sorry I'm lacking words right now, I only had 2 1/2 hours sleep last night. I could have waited until after I had some sleep to formulate a more coherent message, but I don't want you to think nobody cares so I'm here to show you some love! I am happy you take the time to share your experience with us, and I like that I can vicariously live your Tori moments through your posts and pictures. Fantastic pistures, by the way. Is it just me, or does Tori seem to impart her own magical glow? Thanks again, BP!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    OOH AH OH!!! I love them, BP!!! I'm sorry I'm lacking words right now, I only had 2 1/2 hours sleep last night. I could have waited until after I had some sleep to formulate a more coherent message, but I don't want you to think nobody cares so I'm here to show you some love! I am happy you take the time to share your experience with us, and I like that I can vicariously live your Tori moments through your posts and pictures. Fantastic pistures, by the way. Is it just me, or does Tori seem to impart her own magical glow? Thanks again, BP!
    thanks - i was starting to feel a little "neglected" - lol.

i'm glad you like the pics - it was an amazing meet & greet. she does seem to have a bit of a "glow" in the pics, but i'm thinking that it was sunscreen - it was really hot and sunny.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

My Tori Amos

I saw Tori Amos in concert recently for the first time. Does she always perform by herself without a band ? The 2 cover songs she did were Vincent (Starry starry night) and Leonard Cohen's Suzanne.

I enjoy both Scarlet's Walk and the recent Beekeeper but my top choice would be Boys for Pele, followed closely by Little Earthquakes.

Top song, either Caught a Lite Sneeze or Hey Jupiter, or Mother (can't really decide).

I've also got some remixes done by fans and a More Pink-B Sides disc that accompanied Under the Pink. In fact, I've got all Tori Amos music output.

She definitely has changed direction with Beekeeper and I am beginning to lose interest.

Feel free to send me private messages regarding Tori Amos, always interested to know more about Tori. My current infatuation is Lucinda Williams, a total departure from Tori.

has anyone bought any of the official bootleg sets???

not that anyone seems to be using this thread anymore, but...in case you see this, didn't know, and care...haha thought you guys might be interested in her new dvd video collection (http://thedent.com/more.php?id=3036_0_1_0_M)- has every video she's done except for "glory of the 80's" and "strange little girl" - which really, really irritates me. i mean, if you're going to put out a complete collection, make the thing complete. *sigh*

Can't say i'm a fan of hers
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

for anyone who's interested, her dvd collection (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CR7R9S/qid=1140077681/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5426706-2243105?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130) came out yesterday in the u.s.

here's the official press release:

2-DVD Set From Acclaimed Singer-Songwriter Tori Amos Due From Rhino February 14

LOS ANGELES, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 01/11/2006 -- "Tori Amos-The Video Collection: Fade To Red" is a look at the unique and compelling videos that illustrate Tori Amos' musical vision. The DVD set features such hits as "Silent All These Years," "Crucify," "Cornflake Girl," and "A Sorta Fairytale" which co-stars Oscar winner Adrien Brody. "Fade To Red" also includes videos from her most recent CD release, "The Beekeeper." Tori is one of the few artists who uses the video format to truly capture the essence of her music through striking images and cinematography which makes this collection a must have for any devotee or casual fan. The DVD features digitally re-mastered 5.1 audio. Also included is a comprehensive audio commentary by Tori herself on each video.

Tori says about the collection, "Over the years, whether it be through stills or moving picture, I have always enjoyed dancing with the devil from that other medium. I have been very fortunate to have worked with some amazing directors and camera people. They took my visions and translated them onto film. Together, we produced the videos that I am proud to present in this marriage of sight and sound that is this DVD collection. Myself and my audio buddies at Martian Studios, with the help of new technologies in the audio world, have been able to bring you these visual pieces of art as they have never been heard or seen before."

Tori Amos has sold over 15 million albums worldwide and has done countless sell-out tours. She has been nominated for many awards including The Grammys and The MTV Video Music Awards. She has amassed one of the most loyal followings in contemporary music.

About Rhino Entertainment
    Based in Burbank, California, Warner Music Group's Rhino Entertainment division serves as the central catalog development, licensing, soundtrack, and television marketing area for the corporation. Consisting of Rhino Video, Warner Music Group Soundtracks, Warner Special Products, and WMG's Television Marketing department, WSM develops, markets, and promotes both audio and video products from the vast WMG catalog. The division is also responsible for licensing WMG's music for film, television, and video game uses, and for creating custom premium products. Additionally, Rhino develops soundtrack opportunities for release by WMG labels.

"TORI AMOS-THE VIDEO COLLECTION: FADE TO RED"

DVD Price: $24.99 U.S.
    Street Date: February 14, 2006
    Pre-Order Date: January 17, 2006
    Total Running Time: /- 90 Minutes
    DVD Catalog Number: 970295-2
    U.S. Rating: NR
    Canadian Rating: NR

DVD FEATURES:
    -Comprehensive audio commentary by Tori Amos on each video
    -5.1 Audio

Disc 1
    1. PAST THE MISSION
    2. CRUCIFY
    3. JACKIE'S STRENGTH
    4. A SORTA FAIRYTALE
    5. WINTER
    6. SPARK
    7. SLEEPS WITH BUTTERFLIES
    8. CORNFLAKE GIRL (US Version)
    9. HEY JUPITER
    10. SILENT ALL THESE YEARS

Disc 2
    1. CAUGHT A LITE SNEEZE
    2. 1000 OCEANS
    3. GOD
    4. BLISS
    5. CHINA
    6. RASPBERRY SWIRL
    7. TALULA
    8. SWEET THE STING
    9. PRETTY GOOD YEAR

Bonus
    - PROFESSIONAL WIDOW (Remix)
    - CORNFLAKE GIRL (UK Version)

Re: Tori Amos

Did anyone else pick up Tori's latest album American Doll Posse? I was extremely pleased. When I'm not listening to XM in the car, this has been my CD of choice for the past couple of months.

Re: Tori Amos

let me just say that i absolutely adore tori. i've met her several timesl, and she is really great. but (i hate to say it) adp still grates on my very last nerve. honestly, there is not one song on there that speaks to me in the way that most (if not all) of her other songs do. i'm really, really disappointed. i looked forward to its release for a long time...and it's just not clicking. and what is she doing? trying to act younger than she is? teenage hustling, milf, and (i still can't believe it) fat slut. what the hell was that woman thinking?

+ Reply to Thread